• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political - Officially NOT a recession thread

for every political post made on this thread, knight will launch one spectacular mom joke at the culprit

It's also silly to focus on income inequality instead of baseline standard of living as a primary measure of the effectiveness of capitalism as if it were the 1870s, but this board still does.

It’s not silly at all. Income inequality measures inefficient distribution of resources within a system by capturing abundance level. SOL doesn’t capture abundance distribution, it only measures conditions absent context. But I assume that’s your point?

To think inflation would not be a result of record federal deficits in 2020 and 2021 is naive. The cause (covid) of those deficits may be justified, but the result is inflation. This was predictable.

It's global inflation though.

So, slowdown of supply due to Covid, but flat or increased demand, partly due to federal spending isn’t the cause of inflation?

We’re in a recession sure, but our entire economic ecosystem is so fucked that’s the last thing that matters.

When your wealthiest citizens and companies can just keep kicking the can down the road and never actually pay taxes, your economy and society are fucked.

So that’s us.

If you want to fix that then I’m game to talk. If not, then stop crying you little Republican bitches.

Did you hear that ? Brasky will not discuss the economy with you if you don't want to change the whole thing.

Did you hear that ? Brasky will not discuss the economy with you if you don't want to change the whole thing.

We can talk, just know that if this is your primary concern, then you’re a whiny ass little bitch who I will take not take seriously

But to be fair, most Americans are whiny ass little bitches who I do no take seriously. We’re a nation of self interested boot lickers.

Last edited:
We can talk, just know that if this is your primary concern, then you’re a whiny ass little bitch who I will take not take seriously

But to be fair, most Americans are whiny ass little bitches who I do no take seriously. We’re a nation of self interested boot lickers.

"Area Man Sneers at Capitalism from Laptop at Job Taken After Quitting Teaching."

You seem troubled, my friend. I hope that you will be able to overcome the frustrations with which you are contending.

You seem troubled, my friend. I hope that you will be able to overcome the frustrations with which you are contending.

Of course I’m troubled, I’m a member of a society that’s far more worried about rising gas prices than elementary school children getting their heads blown off while at school.

Are you not? We are a sick and perverse nation.

Of course I’m troubled, I’m a member of a society that’s far more worried about rising gas prices than elementary school children getting their heads blown off while at school.

Are you not? We are a sick and perverse nation.

I am indeed worried about a lot of things regarding the current and future course of our great Nation and our society. I am capable of worrying about more than one thing at a time, as I know that you are as well.

I imagine that you and I are concerned about a great many of the same things. I also suspect that our views on how to best address those concerns may differ a good bit. That difference of opinion does not render either one of us a whiny little bitch, nor a self-interested boot licker

I am indeed worried about a lot of things regarding the current and future course of our great Nation and our society. I am capable of worrying about more than one thing at a time, as I know that you are as well.

I imagine that you and I are concerned about a great many of the same things. I also suspect that our views on how to best address those concerns may differ a good bit. That difference of opinion does not render either one of us a whiny little bitch, nor a self-interested boot licker

That’s where we disagree. I think you and many others like you are just weak, sad human beings. You only care about yourself and those that look and think like you. It’s pretty fucking depressing to be around all the time. You’re not a good person.

That’s where we disagree. I think you and many others like you are just weak, sad human beings. You only care about yourself and those that look and think like you. It’s pretty fucking depressing to be around all the time. You’re not a good person.

Dude, you don't know the first thing about me, and I certainly do not need to justify myself to you.

I do not know where you get your false sense of moral superiority, but it is probably a good thing that you are no longing able to influence other people's children in the guise of being a teacher.

I truly hope that you are able to overcome the problems in your life. Peace to you.

Dude, you don't know the first thing about me, and I certainly do not need to justify myself to you.

I do not know where you get your false sense of moral superiority, but it is probably a good thing that you are no longing able to influence other people's children in the guise of being a teacher.

I truly hope that you are able to overcome the problems in your life. Peace to you.

You’re a lost cause my friend, you get to be an ignorant and bigoted prick, and our current society allows it. The next 10-15 years are going to be hell in this country, as your dystopian White Christian utopia unfolds.

My goal is to show the world what you and your ilk really are. Hopefully your kids are better than you.

200.gif

We’re in a recession sure, but our entire economic ecosystem is so fucked that’s the last thing that matters.

When your wealthiest citizens and companies can just keep kicking the can down the road and never actually pay taxes, your economy and society are fucked.

So that’s us.

If you want to fix that then I’m game to talk. If not, then stop crying you little Republican bitches.

So your position is that society is fucked because not enough tax revenue is collected? Interesting take. What magic results will this additional tax revenue produce that the existing annual $4.03 Trillion (federal only, that does not include state revenues) does not?

Back