• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022 College Football Thread: Georgia is Back to Back Champions !!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is Cincy projected to lose to Arkansas or SMU?

Cincy is losing a ton of talent and is a 7-point underdog to Arkansas at Fayetteville on Week One.

Cincinnati is 6-36-1 all time against the SEC, with wins against UK (3-14-1), Mississippi State (1-1), and Vanderbilt (2-4). They are winless against their other six SEC opponents, including Tulane (0-1).

Cincy hasn't played UK since 1996. They played 8 times in the 80s and 90s which was the first time since 1952. You'd think they'd play more often.

Cincy hasn't played UK since 1996. They played 8 times in the 80s and 90s which was the first time since 1952. You'd think they'd play more often.

Aside from 2 NCAA matchups (2005 & 2015), Cincy hasn't played UK in hoops since 1990. That surprises me.

Now I'm curious how many FBS schools located within 90 minutes of each other have played fewer than Cincinnati and UK. They missed out on some prime basketball rivalry years.

Now I'm curious how many FBS schools located within 90 minutes of each other have played fewer than Cincinnati and UK. They missed out on some prime basketball rivalry years.

EMU and UM for one; would imagine the B1G schools have mostly ignored the MAC schools nearby

Yeah. But nothing like UK-Cincy.

That's five times from 1998-2011 so that's not too bad. Those Big Ten vs. MAC set ups are nothing like UK-Cincy.

That's five times from 1998-2011 so that's not too bad. Those Big Ten vs. MAC set ups are nothing like UK-Cincy.

Ann Arbor is 57 miles from Toledo and they have played Toledo once, ever (Toledo is 1-0)

Ga Tech and Auburn are 111 miles apart and have played 92 times, but haven’t played since 2005.

I really don’t think it’s a big deal if a P5 school doesn’t play a nearby G5 school often or at all. They’re G5; WGAF !?

I really don’t think it’s a big deal if a P5 school doesn’t play a nearby G5 school often or at all. They’re G5; WGAF !?

True, but it's usually going to be a win, maybe even an extra home game on the road, and keeps the economic boost from the game in-state (assuming the school is in-state). Bigger deal in the poorer states like AL, MS, or OK than it would be for TX or GA.

Tennessee and App State are 2:45 hours apart on opposite sides of the Blue Ridge / Smokies and have played one time. UT won 20-13 in 2016.

Duke has never played App State.

True, but it's usually going to be a win, maybe even an extra home game on the road, and keeps the economic boost from the game in-state (assuming the school is in-state). Bigger deal in the poorer states like AL, MS, or OK than it would be for TX or GA.

Yep. And for most P5-G5 matchups, it's not a big deal. I've driven from Duke to App State. It's not a short drive. No one would expect that to be a regional rivalry.

Cincy has been the highest tier of G5 for awhile and UK to Cincy is an easy 90 min drive. And like I said above, they passed on a great opportunity for a good regional basketball rivalry.

Tennessee and App State are 2:45 hours apart on opposite sides of the Blue Ridge / Smokies and have played one time. UT won 20-13 in 2016.

Duke has never played App State.

More like 4 hours apart if you take the wrong turn at dusk out in the sticks like I did.

Alabama was rebuilding in 2021 when they won the SEC, were the #1 seed in the CFP, and were national runners up.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2022/08/03/nick-saban-calls-alabama-2021-season-rebuilding-year

“Last year,” Saban said, “we had kind of a rebuilding year.”

Just about any other program in the country would be envious of the Tide’s “rebuilding year”, which resulted in a 12–1 regular season record and yet another SEC championship. Alabama even held a lead in the fourth quarter of the national title game against Georgia before the Bulldogs scored 20 unanswered points to win 33–18.

Back