• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022 College Football Thread: Georgia is Back to Back Champions !!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Biff Tannen

Franchise Quarterback on a Rookie Contract
Staff Member
Reaction score
This is not a drill. CFB is upon us. Everyone is practicing. The first games are August 27 (Week Zero).

They're already looking forward to 2023.

Your 2022 National Champion is almost certainly going to be one of the following teams:

Alabama
Ohio State
Georgia
Clemson

There's almost no chance any of the following teams will win the national championship, but they're worthy of discussion and could slip into the playoff:

Southern Cal (big transition year)
Michigan (last year was a fluke and they got exposed in the CFP semis)
NC State (would have to run the table including winning at Clemson)
Texas A&M (New QB)
Notre Dame (1st year coach and a tough schedule)

Biff's Surprise Teams (Last Year's Michigan State):
Texas
Baylor
Tennessee
Pitt (surprise, they're back)

Looks like Biff is one of those Leary-believers.

Those ACC media people know their shit.

Are we allowed to be political in this thread? Or should there be an official Non-political College Football Thread?

NC State "worthy of national championship discussion and could slip into the playoff"

I mean, hilarious. It's just so dumb to think there's even a remote possibility of this happening. Also, how is Baylor a surprise team? They won the Big 12, finished in the top 5 and won the sugar bowl...

nc state and clemson aren't even the best team in their division

We shall see, but I don't like Wake's odds of winning the division. They played a lot of close games last year.

Clemson hosts NC State the week after they play at WF. The conference could be mostly decided by the end of the day on October 1.

Wake plays at State on Nov 5.

NC State "worthy of national championship discussion and could slip into the playoff"

I mean, hilarious. It's just so dumb to think there's even a remote possibility of this happening. Also, how is Baylor a surprise team? They won the Big 12, finished in the top 5 and won the sugar bowl...

Well, I'd be surprised if the Big 12 got a team in the playoff.

To each of you sending me a posrep thanking me for starting this thread and my thoughts so far, there are too many of you to respond to, but I genuinely thank you all.

We shall see, but I don't like Wake's odds of winning the division. They played a lot of close games last year.

Clemson hosts NC State the week after they play at WF. The conference could be mostly decided by the end of the day on October 1.

Wake plays at State on Nov 5.

Louisville, at Cuse, and at Army were the close Wake wins last year.

Clemson, La Tech, at FSU, and UNC were the close State wins last year.

I don't see much difference.

Wasn't the Wake State game close last year ?

Louisville, at Cuse, and at Army were the close Wake wins last year.

Clemson, La Tech, at FSU, and UNC were the close State wins last year.

I don't see much difference.

NC State win seemed pretty close to me

The NC State - Wake; UNC - NC State; and UNC - wake games were all incredibly close games last year. The State - UNC game in particular was insane.

I seem to remember NC State trying an onsides kick after their final score that was ruled in Wake's favor, but was very very close.

Back