• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022 College Football Thread: Georgia is Back to Back Champions !!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

ACC Atlantic -- Draft Kings Win Totals Conference Games Only

Clemson 6.5 (O -185; U +150)
NC State 5.5 (O -170; U +140)
WF 4.5 (O -130; U +100)
L'ville 4.5 (U -195; O +160)
FSU 3.5 (O -160; U +130)
BC 3.5 (O -120; U -110)
Cuse 2.5 (O -115; U -115)

84 posters have the over in the recent poll on this board. 65 of those have us at 6 or more. Sounds like easy money.

Venables' Sooners honeymoon not even lasting till his first game is just so fucking funny.

So his assistant claims he read a word on a player's iPad and that's why he resigned?

Gundy's a little more than just an assistant. He was starting quarterback in 1993 and has been there ever since.

I'd guess he was forced to resign. But yeah, he's saying he used the N-word like Ron Burgundy reading the teleprompter. Pretty sure this was Joe Mixon's reaction to someone using that same word in Norman.

E1faRt9.gif

Last edited:
I hear coach in Oklahoma named Gundy and I definitely think of someone else

I hear coach in Oklahoma named Gundy and I definitely think of someone else

You could have gotten some seriously great odds on the first football coach named Gundy to resign for using a racial slur being Cale instead of Mike

They’ll just be Cat. And if younger generations don’t want to go by Cat, Cat will become an old lady name like Esther or Mildred.

Gundy situation is weird. What he read was either texts or lyrics, not that it matters. You hit that N word and I think most of us are smart enough to stop before we hit the G. Given his (positive) history, I'd think a little slip and quick correction would've gotten him out of this pickle with a reprimand or suspension. Also, contrary to other occasions where something similar has happened, there are a ton of former and current (black) players coming out in support of him. That BV felt the need to come out with another statement, worded as it was, tells me he is intent on moving on ASAP, if possible. It also indicates that there was more to the incident that what Gundy implied, that it was BV who forced the resignation, and that it didn't come from on high or from the knuckleheads in the DEI office.

Sucks for Gundy and the program, but probably warranted. It's not like he's a 70 year old out of touch dude. He's my age and should know better. He's a man! He's 50!

Va Tech has beaten Virginia 21 out of the past 23 years, including a 15-game win streak from 2004 to 2018.

Back