Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Totally Unofficial 2022/23 Premier League Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wsc8521s View Post
    Yeah their XG diff was 18th last year per one site. Could see things spiraling.

I have a hard time seeing too many non-top six sides being better than last year. As a non-Fat Frank believer, for me that list might just be Newcastle ($$), Villa ($$) and Leeds, who surely can't have as many injuries as they did last year
    Raphina was >25% of Leeds’ goals last season, that’s tough to replace. They’ve had an interesting recruiting window and I like Marsch a lot but I still think they’ll have a tough go.

Message Board Genius
    We need to bring back tags.

Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    Raphina was >25% of Leeds’ goals last season, that’s tough to replace. They’ve had an interesting recruiting window and I like Marsch a lot but I still think they’ll have a tough go.
    I think Aaronson, Sinisterra and a healthy Bamford will be a huge help but none are going to replace the output Raphinha made from one position.

£62M for Cucurella? Nice £47M profit by Brighton after one year.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyDeac View Post
    £62M for Cucurella? Nice £47M profit by Brighton after one year.
    i think he is good but not that good. seems a bit lightweight for me.

I'll be lurking here as a burnley fan since they got relegated to the championship (they have 70% possession and have had a complete overhaul of the squad), but Tarkowski is a great signing for Everton.
    He is definitely not Michael Keane 2.0. Great defender, great with his feet... but is slow as all get out. McNeil is good but I think he stood out last year because he was the only good player on an average squad.

I think City wins again and I think Leeds are in big trouble... losing their best 2 players on a squad that just gifted goals last year. Although I don't see the 3 newly promoted teams pulling up trees, you just never know.

90 minutes til footie! Let's go!

Great performance to start the season, thought everyone played well. A world away from this exact game last season.

Jesus is a menace, Saka looked sharp, and Saliba looked like he’d been playing PL football for years on his debut. He will be a top 5 CB in the league by the end of the year (if he isn’t already).

Top of the league!

Quote Originally Posted by Gooner View Post
    Great performance to start the season, thought everyone played well. A world away from this exact game last season.

Jesus is a menace, Saka looked sharp, and Saliba looked like he’d been playing PL football for years on his debut. He will be a top 5 CB in the league by the end of the year (if he isn’t already).

Top of the league!
    Agreed. Arsenal are some young kings. Really solid match. It got a little nervy for them around 60 I thought, but generally they were a very solid side. I think they’ll have some lapses as the season goes due to the youth and newness of the squad, but Gunners fans have to be excited.

Saliba is that dude

Nice to bring the likes of ESR and Nketiah off the bench

TAA remains a defensive liability for Liverpool
    DV7 was RIGHT
    - wakephan09

Quote Originally Posted by deacvision7 View Post
    TAA remains a defensive liability for Liverpool
    Half shove in the back by a guy a foot taller. We’ll keep him.

Palhinha and Mitrovic were awesome

Way more exciting match than I anticipated

The blueprint for facing Liverpool is playing physical and running your asses off, good on you Fulham

Thought Jedi was great against Salah for the most part

Robinson and Ream both looked great the first 60 or so. Fulham got a little gassed and Liverpool obviously became more urgent but I thought it was a promising performance from Fulham. Pereira will help with Wilson out a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by timdunkandthefunk View Post
    Half shove in the back by a guy a foot taller. We’ll keep him.
    TAA didn't even try to jump. I'm not sure he realized Mitrovic was behind him. Poor awareness.
    DV7 was RIGHT
    - wakephan09

How the hell is that not a penalty on Sa?

City
    Liverpool
    Tottenham
    Arsenal

--------------------

Brentford
    Everton
    Bournemouth

Brasky bat signal

Another year, another soft ass penalty call against Everton.

How does one start a genocide against English based referees?

Fuckin weak. The call Sterling got a few plays earlier when he slipped was worse.

Not a terrible half given who we have available. Feel horrible for Godfrey.