• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2022/23 Premier League Thread

fan backlash and Bologna not wanting to sell for 8 mil has turned United's attention away from signing the horrible Arnautovic

thank fuck but he never should have been considered in the first place

yeah, that's a good development. They're now apparently interested in PSV striker Gakpo. I don't know him at all, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he's not going to solve United's problems.

And if Rabiot happens then it's going to be a trainwreck. But at least it might mean no more McFred.

I came into this summer with such hope and have once again been let down. At this point I blame myself. Fool me once...

Well, Giggs was right that it would ruin his reputation. Fuck that guy.

B.

They see somebody they really like on metrics but the club has control on them so they are asking for an inflated price.

I guess the transfer market has recovered from the 'Covid-dip'.

He’s not a center back for one, and for two, he’s got champions league, Belgium national team, and decent Ligue 1 time on a very good Lille team behind him at age 20. Some of the Felliani comparisons fall short but his interception and tackle numbers are exactly what Everton (or any club with problems defensively) need in front of the CBs. The price tag might not be what’s reported either, think closer to €30m than €40m.

And I’m not in the habit of defending Everton’s front office.

Fair enough - that still seems excessive for a guy with so little top end experience but if they're paying for potential it could pan out. Sounds like Belgium has some hope for him as well.

like the Coady and Onana signings. don't know where the goals are gonna come from tho so hopefully they get this striker situation sorted soon

like the Coady and Onana signings. don't know where the goals are gonna come from tho so hopefully they get this striker situation sorted soon

Rondon available at the weekend so there's that sorted

Fair enough - that still seems excessive for a guy with so little top end experience but if they're paying for potential it could pan out. Sounds like Belgium has some hope for him as well.

Every ball stopping CDM Everton have signed since Gana has been a failure, so an overpay may have been in order, and if we're gonna overpay, better to overpay for a young player than a washed older player (which is much more the typical Everton playbook, we've become a pensioner club).

Jean-Philippe Gbamin (truly one of the worst footballers I've ever seen at the Premier League level)
Allan (good tackler, poor positionally, oft injured)
Fabian Delph (old, can't turn)
Muhamed Besic (enjoyed hurting people a little too much, the maniac)
Morgan Schneiderlin (crocked, here for a paycheck)

Pretty shit list.

PSG leak it to the press that they want Rashford

Rashford's reps leak it that he would be interested

Rashford says he'd prefer to stay

United say he isn't available for transfer

Do you think they'll take Ronaldo instead?

How is this 20 year old CB with just 1,500 first team minutes in France worth £40M?? Everton ahead of the competition or just throwing money at solutions?

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/400815/Show/Amadou-Onana

He's a BEAST on FIFA, I know that.

Also, can someone confirm that I'm in the fantasy league?....It shows 6 teams on the league standings page, but shows my team at the bottom under NEW ENTRIES. I'm not used to playing PL Fantasy. (BTW, why so few players?)

If you joined after week 1 it will bring you into the standings after this week's scoring. I think...

Very uninspiring half. Reminiscent of last year’s match at Villa Park where we got steamrolled.

I guess it’s good that Coady is vocal, and we will need it, but it didn’t help us get a player (probably should have been Doucoure who went off hurt a couple min later) tight to Ings on their goal.

A couple half decent breaks but otherwise really not looking good. We look most dangerous off corners.

Onana has certainly brought some entertainment to the game.

He and Iwobi were the only remotely bright spots. And you love to see Digne get an OG.

Did Partey ever get named publicly about being the sexual abuser?

Either way, if it is him, why the fuck are Arsenal still playing him?

Gabi Jesus take a fucking bow

Back