• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2022/23 Premier League Thread

I’m super glad I haven’t been able to watch the game today. But the shitshow that is sure to follow this week should be entertaining to watch.

1.72 xG?
Huh?

Goals 2 3 and 4 were better than 50/50 chances, surely

Hahahaha I just looked and Brentford only had 4 shots on target that half. All were goals.

Hahahahhahahahaha

Awful

Nah, you still had a little hope with the new manager.
In July. Yes
Look back and you'll see my bullishness dissipated once August rolled around.

EtH has been set up to fail by miserable owners and incompetent front office folks.

Ralf was right about this club. Utter shambles.

The ball bounced TWICE across our penalty area and no United player reacted
This is shit you are taught at 10 or 11.

Somehow it isn't 5

So we are all agreed that if United lose next week, all that mockery everyone and the media had for Arsenal last season will be reproduced tenfold for Man United right? I expect all of the thinkpieces and the “are United in a relegation fight” articles. Consistency is key, folks.

So we are all agreed that if United lose next week, all that mockery everyone and the media had for Arsenal last season will be reproduced tenfold for Man United right? I expect all of the thinkpieces and the “are United in a relegation fight” articles. Consistency is key, folks.

There probably will be a couple of articles about Man U in a relegation fight, but just like Arsenal, they are "too big to fail", and shouldn't have a problem staying up.

Just for a second, imagine a scenario where Man U is relegated, could it possibly kill the club? They have insane amount of revenue, but insane amount of debt. Factor in loss of TV money and every single player still getting PL wages (no way any of them have clauses in the contract for lower wages if relegated), could be trouble for the club. Again, the odds are less than 1% but some pundit would probably play this scenario out.

Just watched the BREN-MANU highlights, my god. Everton sucks but not that bad. The Dutch Bald Fraud has no idea what he’s doing. That lineup was so naive.

Fat Frank didn’t light it up tactically today either. Why must we keep the same tactics against top 6 and bottom 6 clubs? And Davies on for Doucoure instead of Onana, who looked really fun, was dumb. Same with not playing with a striker. I guess what I’m saying is I wouldn’t cast stones, we’d be just as likely to lose 4-0 to Brentford right now as Man United is. It is fun to watch them get wrecked tho.

If Antonio doesn’t raise his arms there, I don’t see VAR overturning that. He went for the truck stick instead of just bumping him.

Laughing at the Forest guy kicking the ball away after it runs out of bounds then throwing the extra ball away so they can't restart in injury time.

Back