Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Totally Unofficial 2022/23 Premier League Thread

fan backlash and Bologna not wanting to sell for 8 mil has turned United's attention away from signing the horrible Arnautovic

thank fuck but he never should have been considered in the first place
    DV7 was RIGHT
    - wakephan09

cookout = blabbermouth?
    yeah, that's a good development. They're now apparently interested in PSV striker Gakpo. I don't know him at all, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he's not going to solve United's problems.

And if Rabiot happens then it's going to be a trainwreck. But at least it might mean no more McFred.

I came into this summer with such hope and have once again been let down. At this point I blame myself. Fool me once...

United need to get back to the true gentleman they had under SAF.
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-kate-greville

Well, Giggs was right that it would ruin his reputation. Fuck that guy.
    DV7 was RIGHT
    - wakephan09

How is this 20 year old CB with just 1,500 first team minutes in France worth £40M?? Everton ahead of the competition or just throwing money at solutions?

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/40...w/Amadou-Onana

B.

They see somebody they really like on metrics but the club has control on them so they are asking for an inflated price.

I guess the transfer market has recovered from the 'Covid-dip'.
    DV7 was RIGHT
    - wakephan09

Heís not a center back for one, and for two, heís got champions league, Belgium national team, and decent Ligue 1 time on a very good Lille team behind him at age 20. Some of the Felliani comparisons fall short but his interception and tackle numbers are exactly what Everton (or any club with problems defensively) need in front of the CBs. The price tag might not be whatís reported either, think closer to Ä30m than Ä40m.

And Iím not in the habit of defending Evertonís front office.

Fair enough - that still seems excessive for a guy with so little top end experience but if they're paying for potential it could pan out. Sounds like Belgium has some hope for him as well.

like the Coady and Onana signings. don't know where the goals are gonna come from tho so hopefully they get this striker situation sorted soon

Quote Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
    like the Coady and Onana signings. don't know where the goals are gonna come from tho so hopefully they get this striker situation sorted soon
    Rondon available at the weekend so there's that sorted

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyDeac View Post
    Fair enough - that still seems excessive for a guy with so little top end experience but if they're paying for potential it could pan out. Sounds like Belgium has some hope for him as well.
    Every ball stopping CDM Everton have signed since Gana has been a failure, so an overpay may have been in order, and if we're gonna overpay, better to overpay for a young player than a washed older player (which is much more the typical Everton playbook, we've become a pensioner club).

Jean-Philippe Gbamin (truly one of the worst footballers I've ever seen at the Premier League level)
    Allan (good tackler, poor positionally, oft injured)
    Fabian Delph (old, can't turn)
    Muhamed Besic (enjoyed hurting people a little too much, the maniac)
    Morgan Schneiderlin (crocked, here for a paycheck)

Pretty shit list.

Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    Rondon available at the weekend so there's that sorted
    hat trick incoming

PSG leak it to the press that they want Rashford

Rashford's reps leak it that he would be interested

Rashford says he'd prefer to stay

United say he isn't available for transfer

Do you think they'll take Ronaldo instead?
    DV7 was RIGHT
    - wakephan09