• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2022/23 Premier League Thread

HuskyDeac

Reaction score
It's time.

Official fantasy league.

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/leagues/auto-join/s3ojs6

Official projected standings.

1. City
2. Spurs
3. Pool
4. Arsenal
5. Chelsea
6. United
7. West Ham
8. Newcastle
9. Crystal Palace
10. Brighton
11. Leicester
12. Aston Villa
13. Southampton
14. Leeds
15. Everton
16. Wolves
17. Fulham
18. Brentford
19. Nottingham Forest
20. Bournemouth

Golden Boot - Kane
First fired - Lampard

Last edited:
Golden boot odds order:

O/U Salah goals 19.5
O/U Kane goals 19.5
O/U Haaland goals 14.5
O/U Jesus goals 14.5
O/U Nunez goals 13.5

Kane is hard to predict. He was looking in shape and in form during preseason; maybe no August slump for him this year. Between Son, a full preseason of Deki, and the addition of Richy (not to mention a fully prepped preseason with Conte) our attack should be potent. However, can't tell if it'll mean high goal totals for Harry or more assists, especially if he drops back and facilitates more to keep his legs fresher for longer. I would be surprised but not shocked at 40 goal contributions but who knows.

Golden boot odds order:

O/U Salah goals 19.5
O/U Kane goals 19.5
O/U Haaland goals 14.5
O/U Jesus goals 14.5
O/U Nunez goals 13.5

Barring any significant injury, I'd take the over on each of those.

It may be wishful thinking on my part but I think City misses Sterling more than Liverpool misses Mane. Diaz brings much of the same presence as Mane but I'm not sure there's anyone on City that attacks a defense the way Sterling does when he runs at a defense.

1. Liverpool
2. City
3. Spurs
4. Chelsea
5. Arsenal
6. United
7. Newcastle
8. Palace
9. West Ham
10. Brighton
11. Villa
12. Leicester
13. Southampton
14. Wolves
15. Everton
16. Leeds
17. Fulham
18. Forest
19. Brentford
20. Bournemouth

Damn I really wanna finish higher than 15th.

What's your expectation for this year?

Realistically it's another relegation fight. I do think these new promoted clubs are weaker than last year's bottom 3, but Everton lost Richarlison, arguably the most important player at the club. Ideally a full season of fit DCL getting back to form might boost us closer to midtable, but I see a lot of those clubs strengthening their squads and Everton treading water with their FFP restrictions. Hopefully Tarkowski completely replaces Michael Keane, who was singlehandedly responsible for allowing several goals last season. Or if they're paired together in the center, I hope Tarkowski can actually organize our defense. I really liked the Nathan Paterson signing at the time, but he hasn't looked ready for this level yet. If anything this season I want to see Lewis Warrington get the kind of chance Anthony Gordon got last season. It's the position of strongest need for our club, a ball progressing midfielder. Doucoure had a very strong start with the club but after his big injury he's been nowhere near the level needed, terrified to pass the ball forward or run at defenders. Allan isn't that kind of player.

I am a bit bullish on the front line even without Richarlison. Gordon played way too many minutes for his age last season, and competition for his spot should help. He and Gray are good, and I like the McNeil signing quite a bit as well. When Townsend is back, that's decent depth up front. Need Rondon to be a worthy backup, he started to show a little value towards the end of last season as well, though he's obviously not the future.

If we can stop conceding so many stupid set piece goals, and that's a huge if, we should be comfortably safe. If not, we're in trouble again.

Realistically it's another relegation fight. I do think these new promoted clubs are weaker than last year's bottom 3, but Everton lost Richarlison, arguably the most important player at the club. Ideally a full season of fit DCL getting back to form might boost us closer to midtable, but I see a lot of those clubs strengthening their squads and Everton treading water with their FFP restrictions. Hopefully Tarkowski completely replaces Michael Keane, who was singlehandedly responsible for allowing several goals last season. Or if they're paired together in the center, I hope Tarkowski can actually organize our defense. I really liked the Nathan Paterson signing at the time, but he hasn't looked ready for this level yet. If anything this season I want to see Lewis Warrington get the kind of chance Anthony Gordon got last season. It's the position of strongest need for our club, a ball progressing midfielder. Doucoure had a very strong start with the club but after his big injury he's been nowhere near the level needed, terrified to pass the ball forward or run at defenders. Allan isn't that kind of player.

I am a bit bullish on the front line even without Richarlison. Gordon played way too many minutes for his age last season, and competition for his spot should help. He and Gray are good, and I like the McNeil signing quite a bit as well. When Townsend is back, that's decent depth up front. Need Rondon to be a worthy backup, he started to show a little value towards the end of last season as well, though he's obviously not the future.

If we can stop conceding so many stupid set piece goals, and that's a huge if, we should be comfortably safe. If not, we're in trouble again.

The Tarkowski signing is huge imo. He's exactly what they need at that spot. Biggest open need is cover for DCL because Rondon looked past it last year.

Sounds like DCL may be out for a few weeks to start the season with a knee injury.

Of course he is. Terrific!

We played Dele at false 9 in the last preseason match and it looked ok actually.

Bournemouth, Southampton and Everton go down. The conspiracy is real.

Wolves might be a surprise relegation candidate, they massively overachieved their play last year and not convinced by Bruno Lage. Only brought in one Burnley dude this summer, seems like they've lost their impetus

Last edited:
Go Leeds. Apparently Jack Harrison has changed his jersey number from 22 to 11. So I guess I need to buy another one of his shirts. The new away jersey is pretty MINGED, which I guess means hideous, because that is what I think it looks like.

Marching On Together.

Go Leeds. Apparently Jack Harrison has changed his jersey number from 22 to 11. So I guess I need to buy another one of his shirts. The new away jersey is pretty MINGED, which I guess means hideous, because that is what I think it looks like.

Marching On Together.

Think you're looking for "minging"? Minge means something very different.

Leicester lose their captain/GK 3 days before the season starts. I think they have a shot at going down. They can’t score when Vardy is hurt and the defense is awful

Yeah their XG diff was 18th last year per one site. Could see things spiraling.

I have a hard time seeing too many non-top six sides being better than last year. As a non-Fat Frank believer, for me that list might just be Newcastle ($$), Villa ($$) and Leeds, who surely can't have as many injuries as they did last year

Think you're looking for "minging"? Minge means something very different.

I'm just going off what some Yorkshiremen said on twitter. I have no idea what some of them are saying half of the time. Was the same 30 years ago when our housemate in Salisbury, Maryland was from Leeds and we never understood what he said.

Martial is out for the opener with a hamstring and Sancho is apparently doubtful. So it looks like the starting lineup on Sunday will likely be McFred and Bruno behind an unhappy CR7 with Rashford and Elanga on the wings. This has been a shambolic transfer window for United. I'm taking Brighton 3-1. With this kind of support from the Glazers and front office I'll be surprised if EtH makes it two full seasons.

Back