• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RIP Vin Scully

mersk862

Reaction score
The best voice to have ever called a baseball game. I signed up for MLB.TV in its infancy during my freshman year and loved getting to listen to the man call a Dodgers game. We've lost a legend tonight.

Yes one of the guys who helped make broadcasts of baseball so enjoyable is gone. Vin Scully really made Dodgers and MLB broadcasts a pleasant listening experience. The sports world has lost another great one.

Condolences to his family and friends.

Agree with you both. He was a great storyteller and a a humble master of his trade. The best make their job look easy. Was a piece of cake for him.

Growing up a Braves fan when they were in the NL West, I hated everything about the Dodgers -- Lasorda, Garvey, Ron Cey, Guerrero, Valenzuela, and Scully. I'm okay with Scully now but the rest of the Dodgers can go get fucked for eternity. You too Kirk Gibson.

Growing up a Braves fan when they were in the NL West, I hated everything about the Dodgers -- Lasorda, Garvey, Ron Cey, Guerrero, Valenzuela, and Scully. I'm okay with Scully now but the rest of the Dodgers can go get fucked for eternity. You too Kirk Gibson.

News flash, Biff, the Dodgers (and Reds) didnt GAF about the Braves either in the 70s and 80s. They were irrelevant. Never really a threat in that division. i did like the way Ted Turner had you and all the other dozens of Braves fans sit in the same section at the Braves games so it looked like a good crowd on TBS.

Back