• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hartman out indefinitely

didn't we have a RB who was 1 or 2 on the depth chart break a bone falling from the bunk beds in the dorm once.

We had a RB break a bone playing basketball and tell the coaching staff he fell off a bunk bed.

Well we’ve learned a lot about blood clot treatments today at a minimum.

The amount of play this story is getting across sports media is quite remarkable. Clawson has people following Wake Forest. 15 years ago this story would not have gotten beyond the Piedmont Triad.

The amount of play this story is getting across sports media is quite remarkable. Clawson has people following Wake Forest. 15 years ago this story would not have gotten beyond the Piedmont Triad.

This is pretty much exactly what I told my wife this morning as my phone was blowing up with different news/social media alerts regarding the situation.

Our entire fanbase needs klonopin and zoloft. Maybe toss in some lithium. Holy fuck this thread is a mess.

What are the symptoms? How does a person know or suspect they have one before it’s diagnosed?

lol

It's now apparent he had a Hartmann's procedure...on his arm...for a clotted diverticulitis of the thyroid.

Read that on Twatter.

I live on blood thinners and live a normal active life.

Well yeah, you can play with your kids etc. But you can't have people tackling you and trying to hurt you 75 times a game. I.e. you aren't playing football on blood thinners. No way in hell

Last edited:
Family member took Eliquis to reduce a clot (as described above by deac03) and was told by her doctor that a minor traffic accident or a fall down the stairs could be a life-changing or life-threatening event. Perhaps the doctor was being hyperbolic; I don't know, but based on that I don't see playing football while on Eliquis.

I was on Eliquis for about 18 months recently (but no longer). It astounded me how much even a minor nick or cut would not stop bleeding.

I’ve been getting a lot of PMs asking me medical questions as follow up to Sam’s situation. I couldn’t have gotten into medical school if I was the only one applying. I’m a “layperson” if there ever was one. I actually think I might be the dumbest person ever to get a Wake Forest diploma.

this is some doom and gloom thread right here. Maybe it's just something non serious that they addressed immediately so he can get back on the field quickly.
VIBES

I think Eliquis would be the first line prescription unless he has a medical reason he can't take it.

Coumadin has a ton of side effects and food interactions, so not used as much anymore. And requires regular INR checks.

Just from personal anecdotal experience, Xarelto is preferred to Wayfarin nowadays.

I was on Eliquis for about 18 months recently (but no longer). It astounded me how much even a minor nick or cut would not stop bleeding.

Bruising is so fucking annoying.

I’ve been getting a lot of PMs asking me medical questions as follow up to Sam’s situation. I couldn’t have gotten into medical school if I was the only one applying. I’m a “layperson” if there ever was one. I actually think I might be the dumbest person ever to get a Wake Forest diploma.

is TheReff a wake grad or just a hanger on?

Back