• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hartman out indefinitely

Really really shitty news.

I hope beyond hope that he's OK and can recover well enough to play again, for his sake.

A real blow to the outlook of our football season, but I know that's not what's important.

Also, those making jokes about this stuff can go fuck themselves.

He's a Wake grad and one we should all be embarrassed for.

3rd dumbest at worst, you have Bandwagon Boy beat. Of course he was a parody...

;) j/k

Bandwagon Boy might have been dumb, but his posts were glorious. Hopefully he's still gettin' tore up on 40s.

I was on Eliquis for about 18 months recently (but no longer). It astounded me how much even a minor nick or cut would not stop bleeding.

Warfarin has diet restrictions and requires monthly blood tests, but at least there is an antidote for it. With Xarelto, Pradaxa, and similar blood thinners, there is no antidote. I lost my father to Pradaxa. There were no warnings about the risks when he was taking it in 2012. The doctors prescribe it because it’s easier on them. Sam can’t play football taking Warfarin or a Xarelto type of blood thinner. A brain hemorrhage would be too much of a risk.

I've been on warfarin for almost 20 years with no problems due to clots in my lungs that "likely" developed from poor circulation in my legs. But it was just a guess by all my docs as to how the clots occurred. Blood thinning in general is about prevention, not cures. Playing a contact sport on blood thinners would be crazy dangerous unless the cause and the location of the blood clot's origination are clearly identified and treated to prevent more clots so you could end the blood thinning. That is not easy and that's the problem. Wish him the best whatever. He's the embodiment of Wake Forest football in it's best form.

An antidote doesn’t “cure” a bleed, but it can slow it down and stop it.

Warfarin has diet restrictions and requires monthly blood tests, but at least there is an antidote for it. With Xarelto, Pradaxa, and similar blood thinners, there is no antidote. I lost my father to Pradaxa. There were no warnings about the risks when he was taking it in 2012. The doctors prescribe it because it’s easier on them. Sam can’t play football taking Warfarin or a Xarelto type of blood thinner. A brain hemorrhage would be too much of a risk.

An antidote for Xarelto and Eliquis and another one for Pradaxa have been developed and are now available.

Upper extremity DVT can happen in people who have a condition called Paget-Schroetter syndrome (PSS). Typically, young athletes get PSS in the arm they use most for sports like baseball, swimming, or tennis. When you do the same motion over and over, the veins in your neck and shoulder get squeezed. This can trigger a clot.

It’s giving T Williams “falling out the bed” injury, in terms of our luck. I have no idea if this is a clue and I feel almost creepy posting it, but he put up an image from the opening of Peaky Blinders on his IG story 5 hours ago. Someone who watches that may or may not figure something out from there.

Is it too soon to reveal that’s not how T got injured?

Upper extremity DVT can happen in people who have a condition called Paget-Schroetter syndrome (PSS). Typically, young athletes get PSS in the arm they use most for sports like baseball, swimming, or tennis. When you do the same motion over and over, the veins in your neck and shoulder get squeezed. This can trigger a clot.

http://med.uvm.edu/home/2016/07/12/cushman_discusses_why_elite_athletes_can_get_abnormal_blood_clots

This article explains some info

I saw that Dr. Wente met with the team today on the practice field. And from what I could tell from the photos, it was not like she was being kidnapped. Very impressive!!

I have no idea if pre-arranged or was in support of Sam but, either way, unbelievable to see that kind of support from our administration.
Sure as hell didn't happen when I was there.

Back