• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hartman out indefinitely

Curious if/when there will be a timeline put into place as far as recovery goes.

Curious if/when there will be a timeline put into place as far as recovery goes.

Clawson usually doesn't even allow concrete timelines to be put out there when our second string linebacker is out injured. He sure as hell won't be putting a timeline out there that helps Clemson/FSU know if they need to game plan against Hartman or not.

I'd bet Clawson each week says that "he's progressing and is week to week" and then suddenly one Tuesday he'll say that Sam is playing on Saturday.

To further drive that point home: We were told at the outset of today's scrimmage that we couldn't even report if Sam was there or not.

Clawson usually doesn't even allow concrete timelines to be put out there when our second string linebacker is out injured. He sure as hell won't be putting a timeline out there that helps Clemson/FSU know if they need to game plan against Hartman or not.

I'd bet Clawson each week says that "he's progressing and is week to week" and then suddenly one Tuesday he'll say that Sam is playing on Saturday.

This.

I don't even know if we'll get a declaration on Tuesday. it'll be Conor/Les/Cam spying in the press box an hour before kickoff.

Nah. We’ll see

QB. Mitch Griffis OR
Michael Kern OR
Sam Hartman

but, you'll tell us, right?

Buddy, I want to. But they're dialed ALL the way up right now. I wasn't around for '16 but I imagine the level of secrecy and wagon circling is similar. I'm trying to do what I can without (further) pissing off the wrong people.

Maybe we will see a rerun of what Maryland, Gary Williams and Walt Wliams did to Wake in basketball some years ago.

If Clawson can use this to our team's advantage, he will absolutely do it. And should do it.

right but we might get that every week until one week he runs out under center on Saturday

I would not be shocked if that was the VMI depth chart.

I would not be shocked if that was the VMI depth chart.

Don't think it will be that soon. But before season ends, sure. Or at least Griffis or Hartman. Probably weeks before Sam actually plays.

Buddy, I want to. But they're dialed ALL the way up right now. I wasn't around for '16 but I imagine the level of secrecy and wagon circling is similar. I'm trying to do what I can without (further) pissing off the wrong people.

Further?

To further drive that point home: We were told at the outset of today's scrimmage that we couldn't even report if Sam was there or not.

That seems pretty asinine, imo. Can't report if the injured star QB attended practice?

I get the reasoning behind it, but do find it a little silly/excessive how protective we are over injury information as a program.

Back