• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hartman out indefinitely

Regardless of when Hartman is returning, Clawson would believe that total mystery around the situation makes it more difficult for other teams to gameplan against us. So I wouldn’t necessarily think that Wake being secretive about it means that Hartman is coming back soon.

The simple reason why Wake would be secretive about it is that Hartman wants them to be. Regardless of whether you think he is a future NFL QB, I’m sure that’s what he wants, and it would be a bad look to scouts if Wake put out a return timeline and then Hartman had setbacks and didn’t come back until much later.

Every single NFL team would get a complete report on whatever his condition is plus there would be additional checks at the combine. There should be no NFL motivation here.

I can see three big reasons for keeping everything quiet. First, and most important, is Sam's wishes. Of he doesn't want details/timeline out there, they should not be out there.

Second is a little gamesmanship with Wake's opponents, especially Clemson. This year may be Clawson's best shot at beating Clemson since arriving at Wake. Any little edge helps.

Very distant third is the NFL one. Yes, NFL teams will get full reports. However, not releasing a timeline limits some of the "fast healer/slow healer" questions. There may be a lot of variability in individual recovery times. If there was a publicly available timeline, Sam's progress would be hudged against it. NFL teams like "fast healers" better than slow or average ones.

Really none of this speculation is right. Sam is fine and will be back out there on the field pretty soon.

I've heard Liberty or Clemson. All will be well.

Yeah, that's ideal, pretty please make it happen, to get the rust off against Liberty, get in a groove with SEVERAL WR and TE and sling it at least 25 times.

Just welcome back...here's...CLEMSON...may or may not work. Either Justin Gray mask game style emotion in the stadium, or "not on the same page" with WR and some costly mistakes.

so for reference, the Vanderbilt game is one month exactly from the announcement and one month and a day post-procedure.

would be ideal if he can get game action one week later vs. Liberty.

Coming back before Clemson would be within 4-6 weeks which seems like a reasonable time to be out for an injury.

Yeah, that's ideal, pretty please make it happen, to get the rust off against Liberty, get in a groove with SEVERAL WR and TE and sling it at least 25 times.

Just welcome back...here's...CLEMSON...may or may not work. Either Justin Gray mask game style emotion in the stadium, or "not on the same page" with WR and some costly mistakes.

willisrreed_limps_social_site.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

EffvYmyWAAIeqxi

Add a picture of Walt Williams "surprise game" against WFU.

It’s about time WF was on the other side of the “comeback game”.

Matt Schaub is the best example I can think of, but I know there was a string of them.

It’s about time WF was on the other side of the “comeback game”.

Matt Schaub is the best example I can think of, but I know there was a string of them.

We could also use some Curse of the Backup QB games, though I recognize we had the Jamie Newman NC State game

Back