• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hartman out indefinitely

Have to imagine the fact he’s at practice today is a good sign. Conor said his left arm is in a wrap?

Yeah having gotten a closer look, it's a cast. I don't know that that makes a hell of a lot of difference, but my bad.

Sam's mom is here; don't know if his dad is here too. Sam was milling around a good deal until about 20 minutes ago when he disappeared from the practice fields.

Best wishes to Sam for a full recovery.

It is absolutely true that Wake cannot have nice things. Hope the kid recovers soon. Doesn't sound good.

Yeah having gotten a closer look, it's a cast. I don't know that that makes a hell of a lot of difference, but my bad.

I’m pretty thoroughly confused how a non football medical concern would end up with his arm in a cast

Arm in a cast is certainly not the result of the typical non football medical condition, but that seemingly would rule out some of the scarier possibilities so I will take that as good news.

I’m pretty thoroughly confused how a non football medical concern would end up with his arm in a cast

I guess you can hurt your arm/should/collar bone in ways other than football? Maybe he fell down some stairs or something leaving practice.

Still odd wording. Why not just come out and say that if it was indeed some sort of off the field accident

The report says he sought medical attention following yesterday’s off day workout

Praying for him.

If he is ready and able to play football this year, lets be all the more appreciative that he is at full health. Will definitely enjoy seeing #10 suit up this season.

If he is not, may he be ready for the next stage of his life.

Will always remember the suffering he has endured and what he has shared publicly to help others.

If it was following a workout, maybe he hurt himself lifting or something? But because it wasn't out on the field they're calling it "non-football." Still seems odd, but what do I know.

why be careful to word it as “condition” rather than “injury” if it’s a broken arm or something similar?

If it was following a workout, maybe he hurt himself lifting or something? But because it wasn't out on the field they're calling it "non-football." Still seems odd, but what do I know.

Maybe, but I feel like in the past we have had guys get injured at voluntary workouts and they would be classified as football injuries. Plus it’s not like he’d need the hospital diagnosis if it was a sports injury

I like to call Sam “Dr. Sam Hartman” because he’s been at Wake long enough to be one (and still has eligibility after this year !) but I am glad that the real doctors have been helping him with this ailment (whatever it is).

Initially I thought irregular heartbeat or enlarged heart (non-vax related since he probably hasn’t taken one in over a year and he played football last season) but the left arm has me doubting that. I know the left arm is an indicator of heart troubles though.

Back