• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hartman out indefinitely

Damn, Hope Sam is ok. Good to hear he will probably make it back this season.

Who is our backup QB?

How in the hell did we get from his left arm in a sling to myocarditis?

Jesus, this sucks. My first thought was "heart condition" too, but whatever problems it causes in the left arm, it doesn't usually require a cast? Not really informed enough to make even a half educated guess on this one. Hoping for the best.

Maybe he had something abnormal removed from his arm. Would explain the cast and non football related. Could also be deemed serious enough to not disclose full details initially.

If it is in a cast, he hurt his arm doing something other than playing football. I dislocated my shoulder roller skating at a kid's b-day party (dumb idea) - stuff happens.

If it is in a cast, he hurt his arm doing something other than playing football. I dislocated my shoulder roller skating at a kid's b-day party (dumb idea) - stuff happens.

Seems odd to call that an indefinite condition and provide an email address for well wishes.

We will either find out or it will be like Hinton's suspension and we never get a real answer. There is no sense in guessing at the moment. Medical condition/ non football related/ arm in a cast/ rehab process/ in any case its a bummer. Hope for the best for the kid.

Hasn't he struggled with anxiety in the past?

This might be the most WF thing ever.

The statement says that he "sought medical attention for a non-football related condition." I don't think that means a condition which would not affect his ability to play football, I think it just means the condition was sustained/developed/occurred outside of football activities. I also think "condition" is a broader term than "injury," and this doesn't rule out some freak accident where he injured his arm.

Such a bummer. From a football W/L perspective, WF will still be favored in its first 3. Maybe @ Vandy and Liberty aren't the easy wins which we previously expected.

Naturally, if Sam does come back this year, after the first 3, WF plays:

September 24 - Clemson
October 1 - @ FSU
October 8 - Army

BYE

6 tough games to finish the season.

If Sam doesn't comeback early, he would have two months to rehab before the closing 2nd half of the season. Like Kern from limited action. Hoping a 4-2 is worse case without Sam, and then he returns for a strong finish. Everyone will need to step up.

For Kern or Griffis, the soft run up to Clemson will be helpful to gain confidence and experience. Previously hated the OOC schedule for being too soft. I'm OK with it right now.

Last edited:
Saw the notification from The Athletic on my way to work this morning. FML. Hate it for Sam and the season he was poised to have. Hoping for all the best for his health and would love to see him play this season.

Probably vaccine related tooth decay. Once that sets in, you’re a goner in like 2-4 years typically.

Probably hurt his left arm in a futile attempt to brush it away.

F’ing vaccine mandates.

Damn. This really, really sucks. The sinking feeling that I have after getting this horrible news reminds me of the feeling that I had after Ben Mauk got drilled in the opening game of the 2006 season against Syracuse and was carted off the field with a season-ending injury. We had a lot of hopes for a successful season riding upon Mauk, and it all seemed to go down the drain when he got hurt.

That season ended up turning out OK, with an unheralded kid named Riley Skinner stepping up. Not saying that we have another Riley Skinner waiting in the wings, we'll just have to wait and see.

Back