• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hartman out indefinitely

If you haven't been over to TOB and seen the well-wishes from fans of schools all over the country, you need to. Pretty amazing and uplifting.

The statement says that he "sought medical attention for a non-football related condition." I don't think that means a condition which would not affect his ability to play football, I think it just means the condition was sustained/developed/occurred outside of football activities. I also think "condition" is a broader term than "injury," and this doesn't rule out some freak accident where he injured his arm.

I don't think it's likely that this is a freak accident kind of thing. The wording of the press release makes it sound as though this was a medically serious thing that had potential implications for Sam's health outside of football. I don't think they word things in that way if he simply broke his arm lifting weights.

Conor - noticed you deleted/changed the wording on your cast tweet. What gives?

I don't know what Sam's going through, but I do know that I'm forever grateful for the half decade of joy he's provided us. My only wish is that he recovers completely, whether he plays football for us again or not.

He's been through quite a bit in his young life and deserves all of the prayers we can muster.

I don't know what Sam's going through, but I do know that I'm forever grateful for the half decade of joy he's provided us. My only wish is that he recovers completely, whether he plays football for us again or not.

He's been through quite a bit in his young life and deserves all of the prayers we can muster.

Amen

Wow, Griffis as QB1 not Kern. Surprised by that.

Hopefully with three weeks to go before the first game and the first three games being much easier than the rest of the schedule…he’s got six weeks to rehab and get back out there. You know that’s what he’s gunning for. Just glad to hear he’s ok and will play again this season.

I don't think it's likely that this is a freak accident kind of thing. The wording of the press release makes it sound as though this was a medically serious thing that had potential implications for Sam's health outside of football. I don't think they word things in that way if he simply broke his arm lifting weights.

In my completely uninformed speculation, I think I am walking this back with the news that a medical procedure to fix the issue was already done last night. Maybe it was some sort of freak injury thing to his arm. Feels like a very weird way for Wake to release that kind of information, but Clawson does like to be secretive about injuries.

Just reading the full WF release a few times... not sure how it could be any kind of typical physical injury, football-related or not.

Sam's quote in particular is troubling. The medical team "staying with me throughout this process" and "attacking this rehabilitation process"

Asking for well-wishes and mentioning his family several times is not something I can remember seeing, even for players with season-ending physical injuries.

Thoughts and prayers to Sam and his family. May he have a complete recovery, however long it takes.

First of all - hope Sam will be okay. When Sam mentioned rehabilitation my mind went to mental health but that was before the alleged cast news.

Second of all, we can beat VMI with any of our QB's in the game so hopefully Sam can be back in a month. @Vandy and home vs Liberty should be winnable as well with any QB but will be uncomfortable.

Week 4 vs Clemson would be a realistic L vs the unrealistic W we're all hoping for even with Sam.

I am loving these medical diagnoses , especially at the beginning of this thread, from those who slept at Motel 6 last night. Keep 'em coming! Really have faith in the Covid ones. Ain't America and the Internet great?

How about something like carpal tunnel? Would a stabilizing cast be used after a surgical procedure for that?

Regardless, best wishes to Sam. What a warrior he is, and I’m sure he’ll bring that spirit to his recovery.

It’s giving T Williams “falling out the bed” injury, in terms of our luck. I have no idea if this is a clue and I feel almost creepy posting it, but he put up an image from the opening of Peaky Blinders on his IG story 5 hours ago. Someone who watches that may or may not figure something out from there.

Such a bummer. From a football W/L perspective, WF will still be favored in its first 3. Maybe @ Vandy and Liberty aren't the easy wins which we previously expected.

Naturally, if Sam does come back this year, after the first 3, WF plays:

September 24 - Clemson
October 1 - @ FSU
October 8 - Army

BYE

6 tough games to finish the season.

If Sam doesn't comeback early, he would have two months to rehab before the closing 2nd half of the season. Like Kern from limited action. Hoping a 4-2 is worse case without Sam, and then he returns for a strong finish. Everyone will need to step up.

For Kern or Griffis, the soft run up to Clemson will be helpful to gain confidence and experience. Previously hated the OOC schedule for being too soft. I'm OK with it right now.

This is the one season that I'm actually glad we scheduled three cupcakes for our out of conference games.

In my completely uninformed speculation, I think I am walking this back with the news that a medical procedure to fix the issue was already done last night. Maybe it was some sort of freak injury thing to his arm. Feels like a very weird way for Wake to release that kind of information, but Clawson does like to be secretive about injuries.

Agree doesn't sound like a medical procedure was done and also doesn't sound like an injur. If an injury you simply state what it is, get surgery or not and then rest/do PT until the bone/tendon/ligament/etc. heals. The way they use the term "treatment" is fairly telling and something that is ongoing under Dr. care/evaluation.

Back