• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hartman out indefinitely

he's gonna be under restrictions for a certain amount of time, so he's going to have to "rehab" to keep his strength up.

My experience is not with young athletes, but typically with the patients I have seen who have developed clots they have to be on anti-coagulants for 3 months to prevent another clot. I don't know if the protocol is different for a young, otherwise healthy person though.

... and is it dangerous to be playing football on blood thinners? It doesn't sound like a great idea but what do I know.

probably not worth to attempt to guess the actual medical issue, and better to focus on what has been said, which is that Clawson expects him to play this year

That’s great i think everyone wants to know when, thus the speculation on injury nature.

probably not worth to attempt to guess the actual medical issue, and better to focus on what has been said, which is that Clawson expects him to play this year

Clawson never said he expects him to play this year. Those last two words were NEVER used in our 7-plus minutes with him today.

Clawson never said he expects him to play this year. Those last two words were NEVER used in our 7-plus minutes with him today.

Hmm, thanks for the important clarification

best wishes to Sam for complete and total recovery

time for the rest of the QB room to earn their scholarships

Hmm, thanks for the important clarification

best wishes to Sam for complete and total recovery

time for the rest of the QB room to earn their scholarships

Les reported Clawson said he expected a return this season. Even said "reiterated" in his tweet.

Would be interested in a clarification from Les.

he's gonna be under restrictions for a certain amount of time, so he's going to have to "rehab" to keep his strength up.

My experience is not with young athletes, but typically with the patients I have seen who have developed clots they have to be on anti-coagulants for 3 months to prevent another clot. I don't know if the protocol is different for a young, otherwise healthy person though.

is there a scenario where the university never clears him to play because of the liability? this is typically what happens with basketball players diagnosed with marfan, heart conditions, or related issues.

is there a scenario where the university never clears him to play because of the liability? this is typically what happens with basketball players diagnosed with marfan, heart conditions, or related issues.

I don't think a blood clot would rise to the level of that.

I mean, IF you have a blood clotting issue of any kind, of if you are actively trying to prevent further clots, you really don't need to get driven into the ground by a 300-pound man. A shot to the head would be particularly troubling but getting hit anywhere is decidedly not good.

IF the underlying issue is a blood clot...

Les reported Clawson said he expected a return this season. Even said "reiterated" in his tweet.

Would be interested in a clarification from Les.

Reading the interview, Clawson says we expect him to be back. Considering Sam has said that this is his last season at Wake, I take that to mean back playing this season.

If it is in a cast, he hurt his arm doing something other than playing football. I dislocated my shoulder roller skating at a kid's b-day party (dumb idea) - stuff happens.

I thought the arm was wrapped, nothing said about a cast.

I guess you can hurt your arm/should/collar bone in ways other than football? Maybe he fell down some stairs or something leaving practice.

Catching up on the thread, has anybody made the “Tennis elbow from jerking off” joke yet?

Seeing a few posts out on the internet about Blood Clot, seems likely at this point. One said there is another procedure scheduled moving forward.

I could be wrong, but I doubt it, but if it was a clot and he had some kind of procedure to address it he'd be hospitalized. Probably would be hospitalized even without a procedure since the docs would address dealing with the clot with meds initially.

Trey Smith starts for the Chiefs and battled through blood clots during his time at Tennessee. He missed an entire season though.

The cast/bandage shit is totally my fault. I should've trusted my first instinct -- go with what I put 2022 season thread. Talked to a few more people out there and they confirmed what I initially saw.

Again, sorry for the confusion. I realize it makes quite a bit of difference between wrap/cast.

Back