• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hartman out indefinitely

I could be wrong, but I doubt it, but if it was a clot and he had some kind of procedure to address it he'd be hospitalized. Probably would be hospitalized even without a procedure since the docs would address dealing with the clot with meds initially.

Waiting to hear from MACdeac.

I am loving these medical diagnoses , especially at the beginning of this thread, from those who slept at Motel 6 last night. Keep 'em coming! Really have faith in the Covid ones. Ain't America and the Internet great?

I’m pretty sure you mean Holiday Inn Express. I’m going to call this out instead of negrepping you.

Not sure how the blood clot trained started but:

if it is a veinous blood clot - occasionally requires a procedure to remove it. If considered to provoked (long travel, recent surgery/immobility or hypercoagulable state or COVID infection), treat with blood thinners for 3 months. Vaccination is not considered provoked as the likelihood is so incredibly rare - no matter what these conspiracy billboards say. If unprovoked (random), treatment is 6 months uninterrupted.
If it is an arterial blood clot - much more rare and serious - often requires a procedure to remove the clot in order to save the limb. usually related to blood clotting disorder, autoimmune disease or underlying heart condition (rare at his age).

So - if it is a DVT, typically 3 months of therapy is indicated if considered to be provoked.

Seems speculative at this point of course.

More speculation based on Clawson's quote: Weight lifting hernia could happen to any one of us: :confused:

Clawson said Hartman underwent "a medical procedure" Tuesday night after seeking medical attention during a workout earlier in the day. The school did not specify the nature of the situation, citing privacy laws, but Clawson said it was "one of those things that could happen to any one of us."

Not sure how the blood clot trained started but:

if it is a veinous blood clot - occasionally requires a procedure to remove it. If considered to provoked (long travel, recent surgery/immobility or hypercoagulable state or COVID infection), treat with blood thinners for 3 months. Vaccination is not considered provoked as the likelihood is so incredibly rare - no matter what these conspiracy billboards say. If unprovoked (random), treatment is 6 months uninterrupted.
If it is an arterial blood clot - much more rare and serious - often requires a procedure to remove the clot in order to save the limb. usually related to blood clotting disorder, autoimmune disease or underlying heart condition (rare at his age).

So - if it is a DVT, typically 3 months of therapy is indicated if considered to be provoked.

Seems speculative at this point of course.

Could also be caused by a recent COVID infection, since risks of clots is significantly higher in the 6 months following a confirmed COVID infection.

More speculation based on Clawson's quote: Weight lifting hernia could happen to any one of us: :confused:

Clawson said Hartman underwent "a medical procedure" Tuesday night after seeking medical attention during a workout earlier in the day. The school did not specify the nature of the situation, citing privacy laws, but Clawson said it was "one of those things that could happen to any one of us."

A hernia in his left arm would definitely be interesting. If you have had a hernia repaired you aren't likely to be at practice walking around and joking with the guys 12 hours later either.

exactly - recent COVID is now considered a provoked incident.

Hope Hartman has a quick and full recovery. Thoughts and prayers!

If Hartman can't return this season, could he get a medical redshirt and then come back for the following two seasons?

Clawson pays first tribute to weight and training staff, probably can read something into that:

Definitely optimistic given how many times "he'll be back" was said in that short video

Sounds like the training and medical staff recognized a serious medical issue for what it was and got Sam rapid medical review, diagnosis and treatment. Excellent job on their part. That is a great job of taking player health seriously. Kudos to them.

if he does miss the majority of the season - could he come back for a 6th year?

Just read on twitter he had arm surgery in HS to remove a mass due to thyroid issues. I don't know anything a thyroid but just putting it out there.

Back