• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hartman out indefinitely

The wording of this sounds pretty bad. Best wishes to Sam. His health is more important than football.

Clawson using the term “was” doesn’t strike confidence that he’ll be back anytime soon.

That doesn't sound good. Hope he gets well soon and can have a productive final season.

Also:

It leaves Wake Forest with three scholarship quarterbacks, none of whom has started a game in their careers. Fourth-year Michael Kern and third-year Mitch Griffis have been battling for the No. 2 spot, and Brett Griffis is a freshman who enrolled in January.

Santino Marucci, who entered the program in 2020 as a quarterback but was moved to defense in the spring, was back at quarterback for Wednesday morning's practice.

Jamie Newman has applied to the NCAA for reinstatement and could also be an option. However, University of Georgia Head Coach may block Newman's return.

Oh no. Best wishes to Sam and his family.

Conor says Hartman's left arm is in a full wrap.

Clawson using the term “was” doesn’t strike confidence that he’ll be back anytime soon.

Was looks to be in reference to the off-season which is over. I don’t recall ever seeing anything quite like this before with an athlete. Hope its not too serious where it deprives him of his final season or his ability to play at the next level. Curious what non football injuries could require rehabilitation? When it said non football my mind went to the worst case scenarios.

Was looks to be in reference to the off-season which is over. I don’t recall ever seeing anything quite like this before with an athlete. Hope its not too serious where it deprives him of his final season or his ability to play at the next level. Curious what non football injuries could require rehabilitation? When it said non football my mind went to the worst case scenarios.

press release says "medical condition", not "injury"

Yeah. That and moving Mariucci back to QB.

That’s probably a reps thing. It’s not like he’s actually playing RB this year.

I’m really sad for Sam. Thoughts to a great kid and great deacon.

Only thing I can thing of is Alphonso Davies for Bayern Munich/Canada who was diagnosed with myocarditis after a COVID infection. He missed 3 months of play before returning to competition.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/bayern-...n-after-three-months-out-with-heart-condition

Damn, sorry to hear that.

I don’t put too much into Clawson’s “was”.

Hopefully whatever it is is recoverable but May take a while…?

Blood clots or myocarditis? Way to go with the clot shot mandates, WFU.

Last edited:
Only thing I can thing of is Alphonso Davies for Bayern Munich/Canada who was diagnosed with myocarditis after a COVID infection. He missed 3 months of play before returning to competition.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/bayern-...n-after-three-months-out-with-heart-condition

Typically, myocarditis is a death sentence. Average life span after diagnosis is 2-4 years. Scar tissue on the heart isn't treatable.. Not saying he has this, but I'm referring to your statement only.

Typically, myocarditis is a death sentence. Average life span after diagnosis is 2-4 years. Scar tissue on the heart isn't treatable.. Not saying he has this, but I'm referring to your statement only.

huh?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8439515/

Most patients with acute myocarditis recover and myocardial inflammation spontaneously resolves without specific treatment. Falling inflammatory markers, declining cardiac biomarker levels, improvement of cardiac function and absence of arrhythmia are indicators of clinical improvement and serve as useful monitoring tools. Within 3 months of discharge, patients should be followed up by a consultant cardiologist, ideally in a dedicated clinic; the timing is dependent on their clinical condition at discharge. Following a diagnosis of myocarditis, refraining from participation in competitive sports/vigorous exercise is recommended for 3–6 months (to reduce risk of cardiac remodelling and sudden cardiac death).32

Back