• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Soooo who’s going to throw the ball now?

AT is 6'5" and 210 lbs and he turns 23 this season. He should be able to block a defensive back.

I trust Clawson and Warren to get the ball to our best players’ hands. If Mitch can run the RPO, defenses overplaying the run will get torched.

We are about to roll out possibly the best WR group in school history. We’re going to be throwing the ball a lot regardless of who lines up at QB.

Clawson indicated Griffis is #1 today. He and Kerns will continue to compete for the position but Griffis will get more snaps with the first string. Things could change before the first game and could be subject to change thereafter when the bright lights are shining.

Until today, both Griffis and Kern were competing for a backup position that projected to provide little playing time. Now they are in a battle to start the first game of the season for the #19 ranked team in the nation. Big difference.

You know, this could be one of those moments where it clicks for one of those guys. Add a little heat to the frying pan and one might fall off and one might rise to the occasion. Shit just got real for those two.

You know, this could be one of those moments where it clicks for one of those guys. Add a little heat to the frying pan and one might fall off and one might rise to the occasion. Shit just got real for those two.

For sure. It got real one year ahead of schedule.

Next man up actually means something even in the QB room. In the situation Hartman is in, you never stop worrying about letting your team down in spite of knowing your health is a gift and not a guarantee. Two young men have a great opportunity to help their former starter rest easier at night knowing his health (clearly outside his control) hasn’t changed the upward trajectory of the team this season.

Hartman is good, but it's certainly possible for one of these guys to step in and be as good or better. Clawson already went through this four years ago when Newman replaced Hartman and beat a ranked State team on the road.

Hartman is good, but it's certainly possible for one of these guys to step in and be as good or better. Clawson already went through this four years ago when Newman replaced Hartman and beat a ranked State team on the road.

I hope so, but I don't think any of the next guys up are Jamie Newman

I hope so, but I don't think any of the next guys up are Jamie Newman

Sure, but four years ago we didn't think Jamie Newman was Jamie Newman.

All true but we have at the least seen Griffis and Kern play a little already. Obviously we can hope they have a different gear.

Basing anything on that joke of a spring game is ridiculous. Bunch of young players and a coach who is showing future opponents absolutely nothing about the offense.

Yeah, the spring game stuff is definitely overrated. As an tOSU fan, I remember the fanbase freaking out after Justin Fields looked awful in the spring game in 2019. Pretty funny looking back. Think the same thing happened with Haskins (RIP) too. Now, those guys were a lot more highly regarded talent-wise than Griffis/Kern, but the principle still applies.

I was hoping for Kern to be the guy, as I've heard from a couple folks close to the program he has a stronger arm and throws a prettier ball than Sam, but it seems apparent he doesn't have as strong a grasp on the offense as Griffis.

Back