• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Soooo who’s going to throw the ball now?

I expect Griffis and Kern to both run more often than Sam. Sam is a successful runner because he does a great job of picking his spots and knowing when to take off, but doesn't really call his own number that often. I think both the younger guys are probably faster/quicker and they will probably run a little more to mask their inexperience in the pocket.

obviously it's still very early, but the reports from camp are not pretty.

Defense has been making steady improvement. When Griffis replaced Hartman, the offense took a big step back and is trying to catch up. Wake's defense will need to be better than it has been for awake to have success, particularly early in the season.

Defense has been making steady improvement. When Griffis replaced Hartman, the offense took a big step back and is trying to catch up. Wake's defense will need to be better than it has been for awake to have success, particularly early in the season.

Clawson has stated that it's not the QBs that's issue(nor is he the only one that thinks that) especially given before Hartman wasn't available offense and defense split the practices down the middle in terms of who won

So who is the issue?

So maybe the defense is showing something. Griffis has had a week on QB1 snaps. Now we go the offense has taken a big step backwards. In what way? Damn we always revert to LOWF in a hurry.

So who is the issue?

It's never one thing, which I think is something I'll probably be banging my head into the wall with no matter how things go. Mitch and the WRs have to develop timing. Just because you're playing with better receivers doesn't make your job exactly easier with timing. They're banged up on the interior so much a 2nd year guy is grabbing first team snaps(and doing fine, but he'd be the fourth or fifth option at that position.) The defense played well and won the scrimmage over the weekend, but even if Sam was in, you'd expect the defense to win the first scrimmage at every school.

Not going to say there hasn't been a step back with Griffis, because that'd be inaccurate, but it's never just one thing. Have heard today was a very good day for Mitch. Waiting to hear full stuff from the practice, but today for now sounds like one the offense won. Which would make it 2/2/1(one practice was just walkthroughs) in terms of who "won", aka not much dissimilar from 3/3/1 during the 7 practices with Hartman

It's been only week since Hartman was sidelined. Suggest putting the brakes on freaking out about the QB situation based upon practice summaries. FWIW, Griffis apparently had a strong practice today, but don't think that's particularly significant either.

It's never one thing, which I think is something I'll probably be banging my head into the wall with no matter how things go. Mitch and the WRs have to develop timing. Just because you're playing with better receivers doesn't make your job exactly easier with timing. They're banged up on the interior so much a 2nd year guy is grabbing first team snaps(and doing fine, but he'd be the fourth or fifth option at that position.) The defense played well and won the scrimmage over the weekend, but even if Sam was in, you'd expect the defense to win the first scrimmage at every school.

Not going to say there hasn't been a step back with Griffis, because that'd be inaccurate, but it's never just one thing. Have heard today was a very good day for Mitch. Waiting to hear full stuff from the practice, but today for now sounds like one the offense won. Which would make it 2/2/1(one practice was just walkthroughs) in terms of who "won", aka not much dissimilar from 3/3/1 during the 7 practices with Hartman

What?

Is this concerning or just a case of older guys are a little beat up so they are getting rest because they don't need as many practice reps?

giphy.gif

Is this concerning or just a case of older guys are a little beat up so they are getting rest because they don't need as many practice reps?

Starting to be a concern. Jurgens was supposed to be back this week, but hasn't returned yet. Same with Spencer Clapp. Jurgens is a stud. Need him healthy.

Haven't hit the concerned yet. Sunday? different story

Already banged up on the interior??

Already banged up on the interior??

Yes. Been reported. Starting center (Jurgens) and Guard (Ngassam Nya) haven't practiced much. Also Pettibon and some other nominal second string guys are out.

Back