• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCLXIV: Mrs. Mako Foot Photos on Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Copying from end of last CT, addressed to Ph

For as much shit as rubes on here give your dept, I imagine Ron DeSantis feels the same way. Think you’ll continue to be able to offer those salaries?

I can see there was a post from one of these USUAL SUSPECTS right before I posted.

No idea. It's possible there will be a massive crack down on higher education. If he can fire an elected state attorney, they can do whatever to public employees.

I turned it down and took a post doc for $60K, but it was in DC so cost of living-wise it was about the same. I turned it down not for money but because the older, soon to retire faculty that took me on a tour of town showed me the brand new municipal pool and then told me that they had been trying to get the pool built for 15 years but that people kept voting against it because they didn’t want a racially integrated pool.

Anyway, pslf programs are totally valid. I am fairly sure I could make at least triple my current salary if I took my stats and predictive modeling skills to Wall Street.

Probably. I have a friend who left academia and is making 3x his salary in financial services basically by going to all the same conferences and lining up prof friends as clients.

In just over a year since my last chat thread victory, we as a community have accomplished 19 chat threads.

Oh shoot. Doing what?

I'll PM you. I just started a consulting business so it wouldn't hurt to make some connections.

it was somewhat tongue-in-cheek but I think there is a way to consult on the many affordable housing funding programs I know and become an expert in all the new incentives in the inflation reduction act and work with community development corporations and others on some cool projects

legislation is always a boon to many industries. i now have to learn new tax laws and charge my clients to tell them what it means to them....and this bill was light on tax laws. lawyers/consultants who specialize in green energy are SET.

yeah, I think if you can figure out how to administer these programs quickly and make it simple for people/organizations then you can really find a niche

the AMI% cap dampens that some

also, it rolls out at the state level, so that has pros and cons if you're looking at things exclusively as a business opportunity

Last edited:
All other circumstances being the same, do you believe that people who are paid more work harder?

it was somewhat tongue-in-cheek but I think there is a way to consult on the many affordable housing funding programs I know and become an expert in all the new incentives in the inflation reduction act and work with community development corporations and others on some cool projects

I assume you and Strick have been talking.

You're in a Chicago, right? I have a former student there you should talk to. She's not in affordable housing, but she's a community activist who would probably be a good contact.

All other circumstances being the same, do you believe that people who are paid more work harder?

No way. There's probably a huge distribution in how hard people work at every income level.

I assume you and Strick have been talking.

You're in a Chicago, right? I have a former student there you should talk to. She's not in affordable housing, but she's a community activist who would probably be a good contact.

yeah, send me their name -- chance I may at least recognize who they are

I feel like Mako has had multiple job offers from the boards, the worst job being his current one, followed by being Doug’s paralegal.

How many steps a day do you smart watch people average?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back