• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCLXIV: Mrs. Mako Foot Photos on Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never posted on Reddit. You people are too special to me to expend any energy elsewhere

It's like the boards only way more gay. BBD would be conservative over there. He would also be only average in the miles of dicks that have passed between his cheeks.

Reminds me of this

1ce62cd27628ff8bdde6b8f96c549575e3987b09503be5e137ce0b0ad438eed2_1.webp

i don't think i like this analysis but I lack a lot of context

i don't think i like this analysis but I lack a lot of context

Yeah. I don’t think concern for the availability of affordable housing depends on what the housing replaced. It’s a weird argument for dismissing concerns.

i'm pretty whatever on most of the -imby's because they traffic in almost exclusively in supply side-only solutions

Guys, it's a funny tweet, not analysis.

But anyway, I think the data are pretty clear that building market rate housing brings down rents for everyone, no? I'm fine with trying to push for more "affordable" units, but not if it means fewer or no units actually get built.

anybody have a pair of roka glasses/sunglasses?

No but this reminds me that our friends had a family vacation that overlapped with our trip to OBX recently so we did a beach day with them. One of the guys in the family was unironically wearing American flag swim trunks and those ridiculous Blenders sunglasses that I’ve been seeing tons of ads for recently. He was from Jacksonville so pretty much what I expected.

Guys, it's a funny tweet, not analysis.

But anyway, I think the data are pretty clear that building market rate housing brings down rents for everyone, no? I'm fine with trying to push for more "affordable" units, but not if it means fewer or no units actually get built.

But it’s also not not-analysis

No but this reminds me that our friends had a family vacation that overlapped with our trip to OBX recently so we did a beach day with them. One of the guys in the family was unironically wearing American flag swim trunks and those ridiculous Blenders sunglasses that I’ve been seeing tons of ads for recently. He was from Jacksonville so pretty much what I expected.

I wish these had been cool when I was in college. Now as a mid-30's suburban dad I can't wear them without being the subject of mocking and derision.

poseidon-dw-ls-4_x566.png

I wish these had been cool when I was in college. Now as a mid-30's suburban dad I can't wear them without being the subject of mocking and derision.

poseidon-dw-ls-4_x566.png

Yeah I don’t think I’d be able to support that choice for you at this life stage. This guy is actually in his mid-to-late 30s with a 5 or 6 year old kid though.

[h=1]How luxury apartment buildings help low-income renters[/h] New empirical research shows how luxury apartments push down rents for everyone.

Hey look! What's good for wealthy people is good for the poors too! So the government can finance my luxury condo and it will trickle down!

I haven't read the studies but the title that article is suspect enough.

Hey look! What's good for wealthy people is good for the poors too! So the government can finance my luxury condo and it will trickle down!

I haven't read the studies but the title that article is suspect enough.

I mean, just read it maybe?

Chat Thread CCLXIV: changing Nat 1/20 to auto fail for saves and ability checks

I mean, just read it maybe?

I read the article. I didn't read the non-peer revised article by the Finnish scholars and the Journal of Urban Economics article from Mast at Notre Dame.

Surely you agree this is a trickle down effect, right?

When a new apartment comes on the market, it starts a chain reaction. Often, the person who rents the new apartment is moving out of an old apartment in the same metropolitan area. That creates a vacancy that can be filled by another renter. That person, in turn, may be vacating a third apartment. These “moving chains” can extend for six or more steps, with Helsinki residents playing a game of musical chairs to find better or cheaper housing options.

Last edited:
I read the article. I didn't read the two studies from the Finnish scholars and from Notre Dame.

You can call it whatever you want. I'm more interested in the result, which is cheaper apartments for everyone. And activism to kill new construction, even of "luxury" units, is bad. Fight for more affordable units to be built too, that's great! We need way more supply. But it would better to have a bunch of new luxury units than no new units at all. That's the point.

I read the article. I didn't read the non-peer revised article by the Finnish scholars and the Journal of Urban Economics article from Mast at Notre Dame.

I'm probably the dumbest person here, but I think the difference is that it is real, not a theory or what you hope happens. Most of the time when someone moves they vacate another place. That is a real thing that happens. It is different than hoping that the money at the top trickles down to employees or creates more jobs instead of being kept by the top level.

I'm probably the dumbest person here, but I think the difference is that it is real, not a theory or what you hope happens. Most of the time when someone moves they vacate another place. That is a real thing that happens. It is different than hoping that the money at the top trickles down to employees or creates more jobs instead of being kept by the top level.

But they are not necessarily vacating an apartment in the same area. In Durham there are luxury apartments going up and people moving from different metro areas to fill them. So it’s not doing anything for the current residents to make housing cheaper

Our high school football team runs out to Thunderstruck but I think Mother would be a more badass choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back