• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

New list out:

Post July 2012 Top 150

#44 A. White
#72 A A-Moto
#95 CMM
#118 A. Rountree
#124 T. Cavanaugh
#140 M. Wood

http://blog.northstarbball.com/

Not sure our 2012 class will be ranked very highly when all is said and done. Recent The Wolfpacker article, while not an objective source, sounds like A. White is leaning their way and we were not mentioned.

I don't think White is close to a decision from what I've been reading. He just had a long visit at State (it did sound like it went well) and was at WVU last week and Cincy today. I think we will still get a visit as I assume that wasn't him on campus earlier this week. There would have been some report on his visit.

I've certainly not been happy with how the summer has turned out for any of our commits other than CMM. He is the only one who really appears to have broken out and established himself as a high-major player. Washington and Rountree may end up being good, but they haven't really done it on the AAU circuit.

And I understand AAU is not everything, but great players generally shine.
The best players we have had in the past 10 years (save maybe Downey and Howard) certainly did.

That's a loaded statement, rj.

Aaron did very well for the Raptors (with CMM) and was named MVP of a tournament that they won. He switched to CP3 for the AAU Nationals (along with Harrell) to help them try to win the championship. Rodney Purvis, Shawn Lester, and I believe Brice Johnson were the established players on the team. Torian Graham (NC State decommit) may have been on the team as well. Rountree gave them some good minutes, but Purvis and Lester played lights out to get them to the final four.

Not to say that Rountree didn't have a good summer though. I think he will be fine. I am more cautious with Washington. Hopefully he gets some good experience at Hargrave this year and learns how to play with CMM.

I wish DWeave had prepped. It woudl have made a big difference.

This year should help Andre.

According to RecruitScoop:

Marquette, W-Virginia, V-Tech, Clemson, Vandy, Cincy, Northwestern, Seton Hall, St Joes, Temple & George Mason have offered Blaise Mbargorba

I've gotten the impression that he really loves the idea of playing in the ACC.

I feel like getting McClinton or not will be a firm verdict on whether Bzz can recruit against head to head against ACC competition, or whether we'll have to rely totally on the sleeper route. Like Ish said, he has to have that one.

Ehh, I'd take Moto, McClinton, and someone else (White?) as a package in that statement. By that I mean I'd be happy with [Redacted] landing one of them. Any one. If he lands zero, I'm worried, but landing any one of those guys would be a positive indicator.

Ehh, I'd take Moto, McClinton, and someone else (White?) as a package in that statement. By that I mean I'd be happy with [Redacted] landing one of them. Any one. If he lands zero, I'm worried, but landing any one of those guys would be a positive indicator.

He'd need to land multiple players of the similar caliber in the next two classes to appease me. Doesn't have to be those three specifically, just a top 50 player who is a top 50 player at the date of commit. Relying on sleepers will not lead to consistent success.

Back