• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

With another Tolp 100 guy we could be in the Top 15 in recruiting. Not as good as we shoukld be but a clear step up.

Basketball class rankings couldn't be more worthless.

With another Tolp 100 guy we could be in the Top 15 in recruiting. Not as good as we shoukld be but a clear step up.

A top 15 class in the entire nation is not where we should be?? Where should we be?

We've had Top 10 classes. We can do it again. Top 15 is a good place to start.

rjcurington24 RJ Curington
The Wake forest visit was really impressive. They really rolled out the red carpet. #TieDyeNation #wakeforest #deacons...

Sorry for stating the obvious, but it really is the mantra of this team now: We've got to get a big guy.

Playing ball with no real big guy presence will be like playing football with no offensive line. Again.

I've been wondering that. For a while, it seemed like DeaconKing would give to this board what Deman gives to the old boards. Now DeaconKing is gone and Deman is still doing his thing... :rulz:

You can say that for most of the Super Users who were supposed to provide inside info. What happened to practice reports from the_oracle?

I too was wondering whatever happened to the recruiting insight on this board.

FWIW, Deman is still providing recruiting info over on DS.

But only to those willing to pay....it's one thing for Evan, who gets paid by scout, but I find it offensive for some fans to hold back info.

I'm not looking back a lot of pages but it looks like Devin Thomas has Wake #1 and Penn State as #2:

"Thomas, who possesses a 6’11” wingspan, plans to decide on his college of choice by the end of the month. “Right now, I like Wake and I like Penn State and Temple too,” he said. “I could say Wake would be my favorite, them and Penn State. [When I decide] I would say the criteria would be if I didn’t play basketball."

Aquille Carr Looked very good at the Boost Mobile Elite 24 on ESPNU Saturday afternoon. Very active. At times, he looked like the best player on the floor. He had 13 points and 7 assists at the half. Carr finished the game with 21 points, 10 assists, and 7 rebounds. Granted, this was basically a nationally televised high school pick-up game (a final score of 142-132), his effort and ability stood out to a large degree. Link below.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spo...aquille_carr_leaves_his_mark_at_elite_24.html

@Devin_Thomas20 Devin Thomas

Top 3. Wake Forest, Penn State, Temple. Hmm decision time!

Have to feel good about our chances on this one. Should be hearing any day, right?

Back