• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

geometry_homework_help_obtuse_angle.GIF

As of right now, this is our 2012-2013 roster:
PG - Tony Chennault, Anthony Fields, CMM
SG - CJ Harris, JTT, Chase Fischer
SF - Travis McKie, Aaron Rountree
PF - Daniel Green, Devin Thomas
C - Carson Derosiers, Andre Washington

12 scholarship players. Call me part of the sunshine brigade, but I really like this roster. SG and SF are obviously where our strengths lie. CJ is a versatile combo guard and Travis is the kind of players coaches wish they could clone. I think he and Rountree create real match-up problems. If CMM is as polished and talented as people seem to think, our backcourt is deep. I think our 2012 success hinges on the development/readiness of Green, Washington, Thomas, and Carson

This looks really good. May shake out as a starting lineup of:
CMM
Chase Fischer/JTT toss up
McKie
Dev Thomas
Desrosiers

McKie and Thomas could do some DAMAGE together.

Does anybody know where Wake stands with Zach Auguste? I saw him play last summer and he is an interesting player. Scrappy on offense, potential defensive versatility. Kind of like Arnett Moultrie in terms of size/athleticism. I know that Wake was interested in him at one point. How about now?

Do we have a definitive answer on Devin?

BTW, scout is listing him at 6'8, 235.

Do we have a definitive answer on Devin?

BTW, scout is listing him at 6'8, 235.

Link

Devin Thomas Commits to Wake Forest

The PSU basketball prospect was expected to visit for the Alabama game, but he made his verbal this weekend to WFU. There was a report that he didn't actually commit, because apparently his father was out of the loop on his son's verbal. He did indeed commit though, but the most interesting news of this whole development was why PSU was out of the running. Devin said the staff told him they have somebody committed already, therefore there are no more scholarships open for him. There will be a report on Tuesday of potential unknown verbals and other basketball recruiting news.

Thanks...It would be nice if he's grown from 6'7, 220 to 6'8, 235...

Devin Thomas:
Scout.com - 6'8, 235
ESPN.com - 6'7, 225
MaxPreps - 6'8, 225
Rivals.com - 6'8, 225

I'll update the scholarship table tonight at some point. I <3 JTT, but losing a guard was inevitable.

I'll update the scholarship table tonight at some point. I <3 JTT, but losing a guard was inevitable.

Losing a guard was inevitable, but I don't think anyone wanted it to happen this way.

I guess Zena or White/Moto no longer has to be either/or. But now I think we need another SG.

I don't think this changes much for 2012; we were taking 5 regardless, and I doubt we go up to 6.

I think this development makes it more likely we take a guard in 2013 (Gill ideally), instead of two wings/bigs.

Agreed. If we're being honest with ourselves, this really doesn't change anything, recruiting-wise. We'll still take 5 in 2012 and our last scholarship should probably go to a wing/bruiser forward.

With an extra scholarship plus CJ's scholarship becoming available in 2013, we'll almost certainly have to take a shooting/combo guard plus a power forward or center.

New scholarship breakdown for 2012
PG: Fields, CMM, Chennault
SG: Harris, Fischer
SF: McKie, Rountree
PF: Thomas, Green
C: Carson, Washington

We are suddenly unathletic at the 2.

Back