• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

Sounds like Maryland is the team to beat for Layman.

Stonz,it is my understanding that we have also "targeted" Chukuma Obodo, a 6-11,rising junior from H-P Christian Academy who plays with the 17&under CP Allstars. Got any info on this?

Chuck impressed at the elite camp, but I haven't heard anything about him since other than Rountree dunking on him a couple weeks ago.

Fish, he is playing up with the 17 and under team that is loaded with D1 talent . He is playing behind Brice Johnson who is a top 50 player in the 2012 class. frankly, not getting many minutes.

TheRecruitScoop Alex Kline
Kentucky, Memphis, UConn, Wake Forest & Syracuse are in 2013 PG Aquille Carr's top five, according to the Courier-Journal.

TheRecruitScoop Alex Kline
Kentucky, Memphis, UConn, Wake Forest & Syracuse are in 2013 PG Aquille Carr's top five, according to the Courier-Journal.

That tweet came from this article

It’s still early in the recruiting process but Carr said he has “a lot of offers from a lot of schools” of scholarship offers on the table and has an early top five.

He noted Kentucky, Memphis, Connecticut, Wake Forest and Syracuse are in his top five and Louisville is among the other schools that have offered.

Just like when he claimed a $750,000 offer from an Italian club, I think this kid is bluffing. Back in May of last year, he claimed an offer list of "Memphis, Texas, Texas Tech, USC, Villanova, Virginia Tech and Wake Forest (link)." There is just no way that is true. I'm not sure if he doesn't know the difference between receiving mail from a school and receiving a scholarship offer, or if he's straight up lying, but there is not a chance he had all of those offers as a freshman in high school. There's a reason Scout and Rivals show him as offer-less.

I'm going to update the tables this afternoon anyway though, so I'll go ahead and add him just in case.

I'll most likely end up in Baltimore this fall, so I'll check him out a few times.

Carr is an electric ballhandler and can straight lose defenders. His size will certainly be a question though.

wouldn't it be funny if he committed and then grew like a foot his senior year?

it happens.

Thanks Stonz for putting this thread together!

Back