• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

Based on what has occurred recently in the program, I just don't think that Coach [Redacted] is looking at Carr. It's not to say that Carr can't turn around his academics, or that kids that do not perform academically well are trouble-makers, but I think it is a bit of a red flag to the staff at this juncture.

plus Carr has already talked about going pro in Europe.

According to this guy:

TakeOverBBall Kingston Price
@
@TheRecruitScoop wake forest offered 5"11 guard jerious lyles of damatha/team takeover

We have offered Lyles.

Deoisn't DeMatha have a 6'8/6'9, 255 center in Lyles class who is in the top 30?

According to this guy:

TakeOverBBall Kingston Price
@
@TheRecruitScoop wake forest offered 5"11 guard jerious lyles of damatha/team takeover

We have offered Lyles.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll move him next time I update.

Deoisn't DeMatha have a 6'8/6'9, 255 center in Lyles class who is in the top 30?

Yea, Beejay Anya is a stud. 5 star. Don't think Wake is a factor.

Last edited:
I've heard that we aren't as interested in Layman as we are a couple of other guys. I don't really think he its our needs as much as the others on the board do.

It's also pretty unlikely that he would choose us over Louisville, Florida and Notre Dame haha.

Since it's two years away, if we are serious about Lyles (which I won't understand in that he would be our fourth PG on that year's team), why not start going fullcourt press after Anya?

Exciting news about Lyles. Sounds like him and Cmm would give us two really good athletic scoring guards who could compliment each other.

Have we ever had a Dematha kid? Would be terrific to open up a pipeline to that program, at least to get kids interested in the area.

Since it's two years away, if we are serious about Lyles (which I won't understand in that he would be our fourth PG on that year's team), why not start going fullcourt press after Anya?

Obviously all speculation, but I don't think we'll still have 3 PGs at that point. I think there's a decent chance the odd man out leaves.

I don't see Tony leaving after starting this year......

2012Targets.png

2012 Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting Update

Also, Lyles has not been offered a scholarship yet from Wake, but he does love it.

Nice write up doofus. Would be really happy with either White or Moto to go with Devin Thomas.

Rountree tweeted this picture of our current 2012 commits that I thought was funny. Every picture of Rountree he has a huge smile and every picture of Andre he is very solemn.

1rwv45.jpg

Nice write up doofus. Would be really happy with either White or Moto to go with Devin Thomas.

Rountree tweeted this picture of our current 2012 commits that I thought was funny. Every picture of Rountree he has a huge smile and every picture of Andre he is very solemn.

1rwv45.jpg

Also, Rountree is wearing sunglasses at night. Those three are still rock hard in their commits to us.

Last edited:
Back