• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

Agreed, Deaclite. OMG, get OVER it folks. It happens in recruiting all the time. One of my favorite examples of a PG issue like this was Dean Smith telling John Crotty to look elsewhere because he wanted King Rice. I give Dean a lot of credit for being straight up with Crotty who wanted to go to Carowhina badly, but Dean loved Rice. As did a lot of people. Guess, what, King Rice was serviceable, at best, and Crotty had a great career at UVa and played in the NBA a few years.

It happens. Don't hyper analyze it. No one knows who will be better. It is fine to debate it rationally it all day, but why on earth would anyone get nasty over choosing CMM over Tyler or vice-versa? I think State and Wake ought to be damn happy they got who they got, and I think Buzz and Gottfried are. Debate all day, but if you can get emotional and nasty over this issue, you've lost your mind. Who knows?!?! It is going to be an awful lot of fun for both sides to see what happens with 2 great prospects. Enjoy it. I can't wait to see CMM, and Tyler for that matter.

Let's just be happy that these great players didn't commit to UNC or Duke where they would either be riding the bench or ripping us a new one.

Per twitter: McClinton is visiting UNC basketball practice. Where do we stand with McClinton these days?

Per twitter: McClinton is visiting UNC basketball practice. Where do we stand with McClinton these days?

More particularly, how does the Moto commitment effect our chance at getting a commitment from McClinton?

Sounds like A.Jefferson had a great visit at NCSt .Signing period starts on Wed.

Thank God. Signing period can't get here soon enough. Can't wait to get our awesome 2012 class inked and waiting in the wings. Should be fun to follow these 6 guys over the course of their senior years.

Sounds like Jefferson is going to decide soon, and White is leaning towards Kansas.

I think Jefferson has an official visit at Stanford and is going to decide after that trip.

Jefferson is all over the board. I'm expecting an interesting choice at this stage. Stanford or Temple would represent recruiting coups...

He mentioned one off-hand when talking about Hargrave and how Josh Howard went there. I cringed for a second.

He mentioned one off-hand when talking about Hargrave and how Josh Howard went there. I cringed for a second.

Did he say his name? I believe if he mentioned him by name that is considered a violation.

Per NCAA: "It is a violation of NCAA rules for an Coach of staff member of a University to mention a recruit by name until they have officially signed with the school."

Last edited:
Did he mention a recruit by name or did he say something about Hargrave?

If no one else heard what I heard, then I'm comfortable believing I just made it up.

Back