• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

July 26 = Anniversary of Skip's Death

Hard to believe it's been this long... seems like just yesterday. I wonder how much, if any, criticism he could have deflected with his glib one liners this season.

"He's obviously not Baryshnikov, but he's definitely able to move around a lot better out there." (talking about Big E getting in shape)

And possibly my favorite Skip moment was when I was waiting to interview him after practice the day Chris Ellis got suspended. Dan Collins was asking him about it, and the exchange went something like this, with both of them smiling, knowing they were just going through the motions and that Skip wasn't going to say anything:

Dan: Skip, is Chris Ellis suspended?
Skip: Yes.
D: For what?
S: I can't tell you.
D: For how long?
S: Indefinitely.
D: So you don't know how long?
S: No, I know. (with that sly Skip grin)

Mike Muse has been running Skipisms all day on Twitter. One I hadn't heard: "musey, don't tell me about the labor, just show me the baby."

My favorite Skipism was definitely about Big E having to learn that gravy is not a food group. That was priceless.

I've said it many times, but I had the pleasure of watching Coach run practice a few times, and i learned more about the game of basketball watching him in those short hours than I have in watching games for 30 years.

He was a true gentleman, and we really miss him.

Mike Muse has been running Skipisms all day on Twitter. One I hadn't heard: "musey, don't tell me about the labor, just show me the baby."

Its been great reading his tweets all day. Coach Muse really loved Coach Prosser. Skip is very much missed.

This. A major negative to the new board, though my opinion and a buck will get you something from the dollar store.

Yup...a huge detriment to the community and provides the internet tough guys with a way to deal with their life insecurities.

Tweets

About Skip should be reposted here or in the twitter thread..

who is making light of a somebody dying on an internet message board?

Back