• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do you have facial hair?

Do you have facial hair? (check all that apply)

• full beard

Votes: 26 19.7%
  • sideburns (more than 1" long)

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • goatee

Votes: 15 11.4%
  • mustache

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • soul patch

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • regular stubble - I don't shave for 3 or 4 days

Votes: 45 34.1%
  • I'm clean shaven on a regular basis

Votes: 46 34.8%
  • I'm a chick

Votes: 5 3.8%

• Total voters
We should do a boards Octobeard contest. See who can grow the sweetest facial hair in 30 days. We could have categories. Best full beard, best 'stache, most inventive, etc.

that's the only time i ever grew one, back in 2008. sort of curious what 3 years of aging would do for it.

even though i know i'll never be a tommy hanson...

Tommy-Hansons-pube-beard.jpg

I didn't vote as I am clean shaven now, as I am in the late spring and summer/early fall. Usually around October I start growing in the beard and rock that for the winter. It's not a great beard though, but it does give my fatass head a jawline for a few months.

I was in a moustache contest once upon a time. Everybody had one month to cultivate one from a clean shaven start. Winner judged by our boss. He decided to give undue weight to creep factor instead of awesome sweetness so I didn't win.

I don't know how you guys can skip days and still look presentable at work. I shave on weekdays. If I were to grow facial hair, I would go with the fu manchu.

I don't know how you guys can skip days and still look presentable at work. I shave on weekdays. If I were to grow facial hair, I would go with the fu manchu.

It depends, I mean, I wear khakis and a polo shirt to work, jeans on fridays (I could wear any day and no one would say anything, but I guess it's just kind of an unwritten rule I follow so I don't). I have full, dark facial hair but it doesn't really look bad after 36 hours of not shaving. If I worked in an office that was suit and tie I may shave everyday, but even then I think I could get away with every other day just because when your facial hair grows evenly it's hard to tell the difference between 12 hours and 36 hours post shave.

I was in a moustache contest once upon a time. Everybody had one month to cultivate one from a clean shaven start. Winner judged by our boss. He decided to give undue weight to creep factor instead of awesome sweetness so I didn't win.

That's awesome. Must be a fun place to work.

The only time I had a full beard was in my early 20's. Didn't shave or cut my hair for 3 months. Looked like a combination of Chris Barron of the Spin Doctors (this was the early 90s) and an Amish dude.

Lol, that reminds me of in high school all the male teachers having the same contest leading up to school picture day. The yearbook looked like we had a bunch of child molesters as teachers

Full beard for the better part of the last decade. I've shaved it completely off for Masters week since I started that gig every April, but otherwise it's here. Generally do the neckline every 2 or 3 days, and trim the actual beard probably once a month. Currently it's been about a month & a half since I've trimmed it; I'm thinking of letting it go for a while. It certainly didn't help with the heat on the golf course in Ocean Isle last week though.

Started rocking the beard last fall during my cross-country drive, mostly because of laziness, but I kept it so that I would look older than my students. I shaved it off for Easter and I started getting the "are you a student here? what's your major?" questions again, so it's back, at least until my next show.

This was the first poll in a long time that Doofus/Numbers would be valid and it wasn't an option. That's a definite negrep

Back