• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I "cured" a goth kid

I'm glad that you guys had some fun with this thread. Some of the tags were pretty funny, and I can see how my comments could be erroneously interpreted as some sort of romantic attraction to my fellow castmate, but nothing could be farther from the truth.

This was a nice young lady who had limited social skills because she had that whole "goth" thing going on, and I think that the whole experience of being in theatre has broadened her experience in dealing with other people, both teenagers and adults. I really saw her personality come out, and I noticed her being able to interact with people in an adult-like conversational manner. I was especially glad to see this because shes had the good luck of getting a very desirable part-time job, and her "normal" demeanor will certainly help her in that job.

My whole point about her eyes was that she had very striking eyes, but nobody had ever noticed them because she always wore black clunky eyeglasses, like the kind that middle-aged hairy-armpitted women wear to Lillith Fair concerts. My objective (and non-romantic) opinion was that her eyes were her best feature, and she was very wise to wear contact lens so that people could see her eyes. I also thought that her fashionable "Joan Jett" hairstyle was more flattering than her previous staight black hair.

This is my first time appearing in community theatre, but it was a great experience for me and for everyone involved. I got to know people who I would have not otherwise met. During the long rehearsal process, we all became close (but not romantically). Anyone in theatre will tell you that your cast-mates become like your family. Its not something I'd do on a regular basis, but it was fun and I'm glad I had the experience.

And if anyone is wondering, I used the word "cure" half-jokingly, because I know that acting like a "goth" is not a disease. And some of you got offended at the implication, as I expected. I'm sure there are a handful of posters here who listen to the Nine Inch Nails and pretend that you're not able to talk whenever adults are around but instead give "mysterious" looks. Offending you little wierdos is part of the fun.

were you sporting the Jim Carrey Dumb and Dumber hairdo at the time?

This isn't your first run-in here with detailing weird sexually-charged exploits with young women.

I just like the idea of "goth" as a disease. Get that bitch in a polo shirt and paint her nails already!

Artist's rendering of Bid "curing" the goth:

sbrp0i.jpg
2079118961_08150e7b12.jpg

were you sporting the Jim Carrey Dumb and Dumber hairdo at the time?

Didn't get the reference until I saw the pictures of each you posted later. I have been laughing ever since.

Also, if Ric Flair and Lenny Dykstra do get an apartment together for a new reality show (as suggested in another thread), I hope palmab03's landlady can be their landlady.

Didn't get the reference until I saw the pictures of each you posted later. I have been laughing ever since.

Also, if Ric Flair and Lenny Dykstra do get an apartment together for a new reality show (as suggested in another thread), I hope palmab03's landlady can be their landlady.

Yes, but don't ever forget: RJ is funnier than I am. A poll said it's so.

How am I just now discovering this gem? I look forward to reading all seven pages tonight.

I cured a ham. It originally wanted to be prosciuto. I convinced it to be an all-American Smithfield.

How am I just now discovering this gem? I look forward to reading all seven pages tonight.

I'm envious that you get to read for the first time. When I'm down, I read the tags on this thread. Classic.

I'm glad that you guys had some fun with this thread. Some of the tags were pretty funny, and I can see how my comments could be erroneously interpreted as some sort of romantic attraction to my fellow castmate, but nothing could be farther from the truth.

This was a nice young lady who had limited social skills because she had that whole "goth" thing going on, and I think that the whole experience of being in theatre has broadened her experience in dealing with other people, both teenagers and adults. I really saw her personality come out, and I noticed her being able to interact with people in an adult-like conversational manner. I was especially glad to see this because shes had the good luck of getting a very desirable part-time job, and her "normal" demeanor will certainly help her in that job.

My whole point about her eyes was that she had very striking eyes, but nobody had ever noticed them because she always wore black clunky eyeglasses, like the kind that middle-aged hairy-armpitted women wear to Lillith Fair concerts. My objective (and non-romantic) opinion was that her eyes were her best feature, and she was very wise to wear contact lens so that people could see her eyes. I also thought that her fashionable "Joan Jett" hairstyle was more flattering than her previous staight black hair.

This is my first time appearing in community theatre, but it was a great experience for me and for everyone involved. I got to know people who I would have not otherwise met. During the long rehearsal process, we all became close (but not romantically). Anyone in theatre will tell you that your cast-mates become like your family. Its not something I'd do on a regular basis, but it was fun and I'm glad I had the experience.

And if anyone is wondering, I used the word "cure" half-jokingly, because I know that acting like a "goth" is not a disease. And some of you got offended at the implication, as I expected. I'm sure there are a handful of posters here who listen to the Nine Inch Nails and pretend that you're not able to talk whenever adults are around but instead give "mysterious" looks. Offending you little wierdos is part of the fun.

I cut myself because of you. It was the only way I could release the pity from my body.

Back