• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OMG HURRRICANE!!!!!!!111!!!!1

I'm bored with this hurricane already.

Also, parents have a totally beat up old trailer down at Atlantic Beach. 35 years old and never a stitch of hurricane or other storm damage. By this logic hurricanes are piss-ant because I'm pretty sure I could push the trailer over with 3 friends.

My mom refuses to leave and the eye is currently set to go straight over her. grrrr.

Growing up in the mountains of NC I never understood why people stayed for hurricanes. Living in Wilmington now, I totally see why she is staying. It's as if everyone else is freaking out except the people who live here who seem to "expect" what is about to happen and have some confidence that everything will be ok. The only people who seem concerned are your friends/family that don't live here.

Growing up in the mountains of NC I never understood why people stayed for hurricanes. Living in Wilmington now, I totally see why she is staying. It's as if everyone else is freaking out except the people who live here who seem to "expect" what is about to happen and have some confidence that everything will be ok. The only people who seem concerned are your friends/family that don't live here.

That's the mindest that gets people killed.

New Euro run has landfall around Myrtle. You Triangle folks could end up with a pretty rough storm after all.

Yeah, now that the models have it turning inland, its best to head for high ground. A direct hit from this Cane will be serious bizness, even in Raleighwood.

I'm in New Bern. Was staying until until the latest more westerly models. Now I'm headed to the mountains for the weekend, mostly because I have a couple young kids and don't want to be stranded with no power for a few days

I'm in New Bern. Was staying until until the latest more westerly models. Now I'm headed to the mountains for the weekend, mostly because I have a couple young kids and don't want to be stranded with no power for a few days

Smart!
Hope you don't sustain any damage.

hmm this reminds me, i need to renew my renter's insurance

LOL.

FWIW, the GFS was the first model to turn it north and it's one of the easternmost tracks right now...still a Morehead City/Ocracoke type of event.

I was thinking Outer Banks when the NHC had it going into SC; haven't really changed my mind. The models the NHC trusts don't do as well with synoptic scale weather -- fronts, air mass changes, things like that.

what's an easy website for these models you people speak of?

these weather websites are the worst. I need to get a source. WakeGal, pm me your source!

what's an easy website for these models you people speak of?

these weather websites are the worst. I need to get a source. WakeGal, pm me your source!

Weather Underground is good for the hurricane forecast.

I use unisys at home for the NAM/GFS models.

Several good links have been posted earlier in this thread. The model link to the flhurricane.com site is good.

EDIT: 3rd page of the thread has several good sources that appear to be autoupdating.

Last edited:

No, I understand why she's staying, and she's totally prepared for bad times. It's just irritating me that she won't even consider leaving, especially when she broke her damn hip last year and still can't walk very well. She's more worried about her animals than she is about herself.

Harris Teeter in Holly Springs, just outside of Raleigh.

300b5w9.jpg

Last edited:
Beer isle had $9.99 18-packs of BUd Light. Thanks to a $10 off $50 coupon from Lowes (H takes competitor's coupons) Beer was free.

In other news, models are still continuing a westward trend. Scary how bad it could be if the storm comes in farther west.

Do you know why the NHC is keeping the official track so close to the GFDL/NGFDL? Just because they usually do?

Significant divergence in the model solutions between them and the synoptic products like GFS and WRF.

At that time I was unimpressed. And continued to be here in the Triad. That storm really came around in the Triangle though.

I'm hoping this one wipes out some big section of the Outer Banks. I'm always hearing they're fragile and some hurricane is going to make them disappear one day. Let's get on with it.

Back