• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OMG HURRRICANE!!!!!!!111!!!!1

Holy balls, the Euro that just ran has a landfall at Cape Fear. Must watch for consensus.

Holy balls, the Euro that just ran has a landfall at Cape Fear. Must watch for consensus.

Didn't someone post a couple of hours ago that the Euro had zeroed in on Myrtle Beach? Sounds like the Euro is confused.

NHC still going right between the GFDL and NGFDL; ignoring GFS and WRF.

Movement report at 11 was N at 13, which seems to indicate it's starting to curve or at least not progressing further west. NHC impact cones don't go for this until midday tomorrow.

Will be curious to see if the next update still shows it moving north.

I'm expecting rain and heavy winds for a bit on Saturday afternoon, but it looks like the eye is going to stay well east of the Triangle, even if it continues to track west a bit. Not anything like Fran, which came right over top of us.

Good. Just moved Mrs. BSD here and I think she'd murder me if we got smacked with this thing.

I'm expecting rain and heavy winds for a bit on Saturday afternoon, but it looks like the eye is going to stay well east of the Triangle, even if it continues to track west a bit. Not anything like Fran, which came right over top of us.

Fran laid waste to the pine trees in Crimehurst. I didn't have school for two weeks.

Sad thing is with all the media attention on NYC, damage to NC may go largely uncovered.

this is true.

listening to NPR they're all hey, NYC might close their subways! maryland might halt the sale of alcohol!

Yeah, they seem to forget that NC might have a new canal that runs from the VA border down to Jacksonville. As before, they're only concerned with the areas with the most people.

Latest wunderground map has max storm surges of 12-15 feet for some parts of the Pamlico Sound. Looks like the areas around Washington and New Bern.

Starting to realize I may have been downplaying this whole Irene situation.

I've survived many hurricanes back in Florida, even while living on the water. Being in DC, I just can't get all worked up about it. Should I actually be worried/preparing?

I've survived many hurricanes back in Florida, even while living on the water. Being in DC, I just can't get all worked up about it. Should I actually be worried/preparing?

DCers have far less experience dealing with hurricanes, so I'd be worried about that. FL and NC coast people tend to know what to do and how to weather them.

Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing. Haven't made a trip to the store yet and am sort of planning to carry on as usual over the weekend at this point.

I was up here for Isabel in 2003 and we got out of work for that one, but I don't recall it being THAT bad.

Back