• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OMG HURRRICANE!!!!!!!111!!!!1

We still have power. Just had a pizza delivered. Pretty boring so far.

Probably not, but they have surfed 8 to 10 foot waves before in other places. For a rookie like myself, it would be a death sentence.

8'-10' isn't the big deal, it's the rip current that sucks them back under/out. nobody can beat that.

in other news, looking sucky for my aunt/uncle in Manteo- their house is only at 8' elevation, surge is supposed to surpass that. aunt, two kids and their dogs evac'd to cary, but my uncle has to stay on the island (he's the head ranger for the whole roanoke district) with a few others.

replace eileen with... well u know

wacist.gif

In Wilmington - still have power BUT NO CABLE!!!!! :willynilly

Still enjoying power and cable in Southport. Pretty windy at times and the rain is beginning to add up. Haven't seen any trees breaking, just a couple limbs here and there. The waves were pretty close to the dunes earlier tonight.

Looks like it's finally sliding east. That's a good thing for eastern NC.

Tornado touched down NW of Morehead City. Tornado watch in effect for the entire east coast of NC.

I'm gonna end up being damn close on the location, not quite so much on the timing lol.

Did any fighter pilots die? :thumbsup:

No. Not even they are crazy enough to fly into a hurricane with a craft that isn't outfitted for it. I imagine a lot of assets are being moved though based on forecaster input. I will say that my trust in the GFS model appears to have been well placed, compared to the NHC's reliance on models that put the track further west.

The storm start moving due north yesterday evening. Not sure why they kept moving it west at that point. Plus the warmer water would make it want to go out toward Diamond Shoals. Odd that a warm core system would crave warmth, eh?

What I and most didn't forecast was that the system would weaken as much as it has. This has to be counted as good news, but when hurricanes weaken the speed of their movement usually increases as well.

Last edited:
Back