• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OMG HURRRICANE!!!!!!!111!!!!1

Just took the dog out, and we've got a steady NE breeze in the western piedmont. Good luck to all you eastern NC Deacs!

Power just went out at my house in Raleigh. A look at Twitter and WRAL news and WakeMed have also lost power. Saw some other tweets referencing trees on power lines in Clayton.

Last edited:
The docks along Morehead City are up to street level. Talked to some neighbors down there, and the rain/wind hasn't been as bad. Just mainly dealing with the storm surge.

Getting some pretty heavy winds right now in Raleigh. Don't seem to have gotten much rain.

Lot of damage at the coast. Both piers on Emerald Isle are heavily damaged.

Atlantic Beach pier has collapsed.

:tear:

The Crystal Coast is my family's beach of choice for the last 25+ years. Always sad to hear about hurricane damage.

No real rain yet in DC, but expecting it to start pretty much any minute now. Have to take the dog out to the vet, so hope it holds off for a little bit! Heading to a hurricane party at a friend's place later.

Power just went out at my house in Raleigh. A look at Twitter and WRAL news and WakeMed have also lost power. Saw some other tweets referencing trees on power lines in Clayton.

Still have power here at Five Points

Power is back on here. Stayed off for about an hour at my house here by the amphitheater.

Also, Governer Perdue said "NC has been pounded by Irene all night..."

*snicker*

Looks like this thing is about to get started up in a bit. First bands of rain reaching the DC area now. Nothing to do but drink and wait for the power to go out.

Back