• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OMG HURRRICANE!!!!!!!111!!!!1

Heading down Thursday night for the ND game from Maryland. Is 95 still closed? What is the situation in Winston like?

if you took all the rain that fell on North Carolina from Florence (8.04 trillion gallons), and poured it into a lake, you'd have the 11th-largest lake in the US

#worthlesstrivia

Don't live in a flood zone - live near the coast in FL - bought flood insurance today.

A friend of mine, who lives in Longs, SC, said the National Guard knocked on his door last night and told them to leave. Flood waters were coming. We shared a couple texts this morning before I could find out where he is now or where he is going. He hasn't returned my calls or texts since then.

This mess isn't over yet folks!

Waccamaw River near Conway, SC is expected to crest at 21' on Monday. The record high is 17'9". Flood stage is 11'. State police have had agents dispatched for almost two weeks. Thankfully I am low on the call list.

This delayed flooding is crazy. Roads are being washed out and bridges closed around the Haw River in Pittsboro/ Chatham Co. where i'm from

Heading down Thursday night for the ND game from Maryland. Is 95 still closed? What is the situation in Winston like?

I-95 to US 64E to I40 is fine, but as of yesterday 95 was closed south of that point. I-85 is also fine and probably faster for what you are doing, but it's been one lane near the NC/VA border for a while (because of construction, not the storm).

now 145mph winds and 933mb. Panama City is going to get a bath.

yeah my mom is in Seaside and she GTFO'd yesterday. got gas on Monday and said everywhere was out yesterday. apparently a lot of fall break renters where there this week and decided to stay.

Her house is all torn up now anyways since it's being remodeled so she'll likely be ok if any wind damage hits (surge shouldn't be an issue where she is).

about 2 weeks ago I reserved a house for next june on the port st. joe peninsula. That may not work out.

Back