• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OMG HURRRICANE!!!!!!!111!!!!1

Any chance this still makes landfall farther north in New England etc.. ? Or is there completely no chance now?

It will affect the northeast, but not as a major hurricane. It will lose so much energy after crossing NC, especially now that it will cross further inland. The northeast can expect a ton of rain, but no 130mph winds.

The ridge over the northern tier that was supposed to push her out is much weaker than expected. That eastern push the models showed days ago was baking on a very strong ridge. Also, a wave of energy will merge with the storm as it moves north, which will pull or hold it west before it turns NNE.

All in all, I am glad I don't live on the coast right now, and am glad I don't live in Greenville, either.

It will affect the northeast, but not as a major hurricane. It will lose so much energy after crossing NC, especially now that it will cross further inland. The northeast can expect a ton of rain, but no 130mph winds.

The ridge over the northern tier that was supposed to push her out is much weaker than expected. That eastern push the models showed days ago was baking on a very strong ridge. Also, a wave of energy will merge with the storm as it moves north, which will pull or hold it west before it turns NNE.

All in all, I am glad I don't live on the coast right now, and am glad I don't live in Greenville, either.

Yeah, but that's an all year round thing.

I evacuated from Cape Cod for Hurricane Bob in 1991. Nobody left till the very last minute. Got stuck in Rhode Island when they closed the interstates and had to get a hotel room.

Just saying that I have experience with New England hurricane evacuation. Therefore, I'm probably the only expert on the board in that area.

Well it still seems all Charlotte/the Triad are likely to get is a windy day or two and a few passing showers or storms. Worried about relatives in NE NC.

Models are scary. This could straight up level parts of the coast.

iva8n7.jpg

ah fuck. nobody is down there to shore up the condo. as if there's anything much we could do. parents/myself likely trying to go down next weekend though. that should be interesting.

Fuuu, what are the chances that this hits Charleston at all?

Kk, good to knoes, as long as it's just the streets flooding. She was wondering if she'd have to worry about storm shutters and shit..

Back