• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OMG HURRRICANE!!!!!!!111!!!!1

You act like I haven't been building a boat out of swimming pool noodles.

You're gonna need a bigger boat.

This guy from the Netherlands built a life size replica of Noah's Ark.
3345748822_f632de81fe.jpg

I'm far from a meteorologist but from the looks of Drew's latest .gif it looks to me like the center of that thing is on a path straight for Wilmington.. Assuming I'm looking at it all wrong.

as a Floridian living in DC, I'm not worried. doesn't seem like we'll get more than a rainy weekend. what I am pissed about is this making us cancel our plans to go sailing on the Bay tomorrow.

I'm far from a meteorologist but from the looks of Drew's latest .gif it looks to me like the center of that thing is on a path straight for Wilmington.. Assuming I'm looking at it all wrong.

I see more of a cape lookout path but who knows. Fun to guess based just on those few secs.

It'll probably turn a little to the east, most of them do just before landfall.

still no rain here. pretty calm. a little wind. trying to get laundry done, get my preparations done and get to the gym before it starts getting real. might move my car to the parking deck downtown...

Dry air is smashing the core right now, it isn't getting stronger, but the windfield is getting larger. Really bizarre.

lots of rain out at porters neck, some occasional gusty winds

It'll probably turn a little to the east, most of them do just before landfall.

Fingers crossed. I live on a barrier island in NJ, and our entire county (and two others around us) is currently under mandatory evacuation. I'm just praying my house (which is on the bay) is still there when I go back Sunday night.

If by chance the thing doesn't turn much before landfall, the Triangle will be in a bad place. Not nearly as bad as Greenville, though.

I just hope this thing doesnt stall off the coast and dump rain for days. No indications that it will. If Greenville floods again like in '99 where will they play their home games? I'm almost positive they wore out their welcome at NCSU after the last time.

There's basically a 1000% chance we lose power in MoCo this weekend.

Yup, that's what my parents are expecting too. Ohhh Pepco.

lived in MoCo for several years, and evidently it has one of the thickest tree canopies of any county in the country, contributing to the frequent (and i do mean frequent) power outages.

or maybe Pepco just made that up to remove some blame from themselves.

i thought it was interesting.

i was there for hurricane Isabel in 2003, when Pepco posted a message on its site that basically said, "yeah, we're fucked, gonna be a while."

My parents in Greenville have been spazzing out about this storm for days.

Back