• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OMG HURRRICANE!!!!!!!111!!!!1

Yea closed the campus of University of Baltimore for the rest of the day and the weekend. Seriously, it might be a Cat 1 by the point it hits MD at the worst. People are freaking out a little bit too much.

Salisbury University just moved in yesterday, and they told everyone to go back home.

My parents neighborhood is going to be evacuated (~10 miles from Ocean City, Maryland). There's going to be some BAD flooding on the East Coast.

Salisbury University just moved in yesterday, and they told everyone to go back home.

My parents neighborhood is going to be evacuated (~10 miles from Ocean City, Maryland). There's going to be some BAD flooding on the East Coast.

Hey, they can stay with everyone else at attitude's rent's house. I'm sure there will be some flooding, but when I left campus at 12:30, it was sunny. Only now is it a little overcast (and I wanted to go lay by the pool...guess it's naptime).

Also where the fuck is Frostburg? Here's what I know: it's in the middle of nowhere somewhere in MD and it apparently snows in May.

I don't understand it. A Cat 2 storm making landfall 600 miles away and they're evacuating Manhattan? Ridiculous.

Haha why???

Also never understood the buying up of milk- it's august and the power goes out.

Agreed. Although if you got some eggs too you could always make hurricane French toast!

On the radio this morning they were advocating forgoing beer and stocking up on red wine in case of power outages.

Its not even supposed to really hit until tomorrow. Its not the winds, its the flooding. Isabel was a tropical storm when it hit the area and this is the Inner Harbor:

217456.JPG

Not a chop. The bay can be brutal too

Oh and my 85 yo grandmother and 80 yo Great Aunt who live in Wilmington aren't as freaked out as most of the people in this city.

My mother called from Atlanta last night, all worried that we weren't taking the storm seriously here (since I'd mentioned maybe throwing a hurricane party). Really mom? We're not gonna do anything stupid. :rulz:

Hey, they can stay with everyone else at attitude's rent's house. I'm sure there will be some flooding, but when I left campus at 12:30, it was sunny. Only now is it a little overcast (and I wanted to go lay by the pool...guess it's naptime).

Also where the fuck is Frostburg? Here's what I know: it's in the middle of nowhere somewhere in MD and it apparently snows in May.

It's way out in the western part of MD. A friend of mine went there - definitely out in the boonies.

Yeah Frostburg just past Cumberland (the furthest really thin part of Maryland)....wayyyyy the eff out there

Yeah Frostburg just past Cumberland (the furthest really thin part of Maryland)....wayyyyy the eff out there

They were talking about it yesterday, meanwhile I kept thing where the fuck is it. PS did you attend the concert the other night?

We've lost power three times already in Southport. Don't know how that's even possible since it's only been raining and a bit of wind.

My mother called from Atlanta last night, all worried that we weren't taking the storm seriously here (since I'd mentioned maybe throwing a hurricane party). Really mom? We're not gonna do anything stupid. :rulz:

stupid would be not having a party.

Wednesday? I was there. If you were there there's a 95% chance you saw me in some way, shape or form

No you're not doing anything stupid, I think a hurricane party is the perfect idea. I might have to convince someone to make a route to the boxes of wine. I doubt the bottles upstairs would last.

Back