• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OMG HURRRICANE!!!!!!!111!!!!1

They just changed the models again. Looks like forecasters are anticipating landfall somewhere in the vicinity of SC.

145713W5_NL_sm.gif

The M in the cone picture above stands for Major Hurricane. Looks like it will hit SC with winds of around 120, firmly in the Category 3 area. It's a big storm, too.

Last edited:
What does "major hurricane" entail?

That is a cat 3 or above, which means sustained winds in excess of 110 mph.

I'm honestly hoping it will wait a day before hitting SC. I'm working an outdoor event until midnight Saturday!

According to the key on the picture, wind speeds in excess of 110mph.

Major hurricane is category 3 and up. Some people say that with this track over the water and no land it might reach category 4 and strike at the NC/SC border.

uggh, this area could use some rain but would pass on the high winds.

Isabelle(Isahell) did a bunch of damage around here. strong winds and not much rain.
it sucked.

I was just looking at the Spaghetti Models link and thinking how much a lot of those tracks looked like Isabel. The forecast track keeps shifting east with almost every update, so it's probably not done changing yet.

Weird, drew. I was in South Jersey for Isabel and remember getting hit pretty badly. I know Isabel was a really big storm, but for some reason I remembered it turning more to the north after it hit the outer banks.

Will have to watch this closely here in Charleston. Might be taking another road trip this weekend or at least head further inland to Florence or Columbia.

All NC storms of any kind happen on weekend. No hurricane days FTL.

Back