• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OMG HURRRICANE!!!!!!!111!!!!1

This is not as fun as the snow prediction threads.

This is not as fun as the snow prediction threads.

I'm the opposite. I find hurricanes more exciting than snow storms! When I was little I used to track and plot hurricanes because I found it fun! Snow didn't excite me but hurricanes did.

Spoken like someone who has not experienced a hurricane.

Spoken like someone who has not experienced a hurricane.

Quite the opposite. Been through a few hurricanes and a tornado as a young child. I was just a child fascinated/obsessed by the weather! My parents always thought I would end up being either a lawyer or a meteorologist.

Last edited:
Still debating whether to leave Charleston for the weekend or stick it out and have an epic hurricane party.

Tracker on Accuweather shows a slightly more eastern track, landing near Wilmington. Obviously still speculative but interesting to follow.

trivia: when was the last hurricane to hit the US?

trivia: when was the last hurricane to hit the US?

Ike in 2008. August I believe. Caused massive flooding in the Yadkin River area. Didn't it follow a path similar to Katrina. Caused a good bit of rain in the mountains and western piedmont, which cause the Yadkin to flood. I remember driving in it because Wake still had classes.

Last edited:
Ike in 2008. August I believe. Caused massive flooding in the Yadkin River area. Didn't it follow a path similar to Katrina. Caused a good bit of rain in the mountains and western piedmont, which cause the Yadkin to flood. I remember driving in it because Wake still had classes.

correct....3 years since the last hurricane. someone call al gore.

correct....3 years since the last hurricane. someone call al gore.

We've had several quiet years lately. There for a while we had some very intense seasons in which they had to go to the second set of names.

Hugo is the one that I remember the most, but mainly because of the intense wind damage that came up through Charlotte and the Triad. Most of the more eastern NC storms we got rain in the triad but were spared the intense wind damage.

at198908.gif

I did come across this while looking for the Hugo track, its a plotting of all the major hurricanes in US history.
allstorms.jpg

Back