• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OMG HURRRICANE!!!!!!!111!!!!1

Does this mean the Barclays tourney is goingbto be rained out?

MD coast could be in trouble, no?

The entire coast from NC up to Maine is gonna get a lot of rain and wind. The storm could still curve away to the Atlantic and have little significance. Or it could strengthen to a Cat 4 and smash into NC/Virginia/DC area.

I'm at my parents' place just south of Wilmington. A lot of people are evacuating here, though it doesn't look like it will be so bad.

Sunday around 3-4PM based on current computer models.

Not if you're talking about the rain from it.

The center isn't forecast to go over NYC at all.

NYC could see some rain, nothing too heavy, as much as a day before this thing gets there. The main storm's rain bands, probably early Sunday AM the way things are looking right now. In this 12Z model shot, the rain is already there. In the 00Z, it's not yet there. GFS was the first model to forecast the track into the Atlantic rather than into Florida. Once these things turn north, they tend to pick up speed of movement quickly.

Floyd is a pretty decent comparison for this thing right now. 8-10 inches of rain with localized higher totals for ERN NC certainly wouldn't be out of the question right now.

gfs_pres_3e.gif

gfs_pres_4d.gif

Last edited:
Well the 11PM update has changed the forecasts a bit, but the eye is still looking to pass just east of NYC as a CAT 1/2. So yeah, there will be heavy rain and winds around midday or so Sunday. Rain before and after.

I'm just eyeballing it but that track appears to be a little farther west this morning.

It will be father west than forecasted by a bit. I'm still thinking a Emerald Isle/Morehead City landfall.

It will be father west than forecasted by a bit. I'm still thinking a Emerald Isle/Morehead City landfall.

really? I've been telling coworkers that it'll definitely get pushed out east. damn.

damn. if our condo wasn't in such an old and hearty complex, i'd be worried. ground floor though, hope it doesn't flood any.

Recon plane says pressure dropped to 950mb, but winds are weaker as she is undergoing an Eyewall replacement cycle. In the next few hours she will hit category 4, i betcha.

The 8 am models have two models coming making a more western turn, coming closer to Wilmington. I will be interested to see the 11 am models. Anyone have any predictions on why/if it will turn more west?

Back