• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OMG HURRRICANE!!!!!!!111!!!!1

LGLzUqx.jpg

My driveway took a beating. Plowed by wood harder than ITC's mom on the reg.

Lots of trees down in our neighborhood in High Point - two houses on my street were hit by large oaks. We lost power at around 3:30PM yesterday and still don't have it back on, so lots of flooded basements. Just read that a section of Horse Pen Creek Road in Greensboro is closed because the road got washed out. Luckily my office has power - we lost it for about two hours, which is really, really unusual in downtown. Good timing with Furnitire Market starting.

Still, all things considered, we're pretty lucky - some of those images from Florida are unbelievable.

Duke Energy website finally giving a projection for when my power should be restored - October 16th by 11:45pm. Awesome. At least 2&2’s kids will be in school.

We got power restored around sunset tonight. Hopefully the 16th is them setting them bar low.

Spectrum website sucks, as usual, for customer support.

Oh well.

Very grateful to have power, no trees down on us, etc.

Something reminds me now there’s another few things I’m grateful for.

Thx, man.

Power is back. Glad to be home. Farewell the contents of my fridge and freezer.

Well that was a fun weekend. Was working from home with the kids Thursday, power went out at 3 and stayed out until last night at 6. GCS made the right call cancelling school Thursday. My wife works at a private school that did not cancel, and they had an absolute train wreck with afternoon carpool at the height of the storm. They're lucky nobody was hurt.

My neighborhood and the other older Greensboro neighborhoods with big trees and above ground power lines just got wrecked. Trees down everywhere. One of my work colleagues had a tree come through his den, and my neighbor across the street had three trees come down, luckily only one struck her house and it wasn't too bad. Guilford had more people out of power than any other county in the state. There are still scattered traffic lights not working today, hardly any of them were up Friday, Saturday, or most of Sunday. We didn't see a Duke Power truck until Sunday, when they flooded our neighborhood and got most people powered up. some neighbors with bad tree/line situations are still without.

I ventured out Thursday night to get ice so we could save the stuff in the fridge. Thought I was going to die. No traffic signals or street lights, people driving like idiots, and at least 50% of the population does not know that an unpowered traffic light = 4-way stop. My dad brought down a generator from the farm on Friday afternoon, so we were able to keep the freezer and fridge cool through the weekend, but couldn't power up the hot water heater.

Obviously my situation pales in comparison to the desolation in Florida, so I'm thankful that my trees stayed upright and my house is intact. But eff hurricanes man.

Our power was out 3pm thursday to 6pm saturday in Greensboro. Know several areas still without power. Dodged a bullet with trees in our yard - saw some massive trees down in the neighborhood.

Would love to see some kind of duke power grid which should what houses are on which power line - there didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for where the power was out. people right across the street had power but 90% of the neighborhood was out.

Is Biff alive? Myers Park got hit pretty hard. Hard enough that Selwyn Pub was closed on Saturday!

And CMS has already canceled school on Friday due to the likelihood of some rain.

Back