• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OMG HURRRICANE!!!!!!!111!!!!1

deacdiggler

"Well known member"
Reaction score
just kicking this off. Tropical Storm Irene - the "European" model shows it hitting the SC coast.

Last edited:
somewhere on johns island there are trailers that need securing.

Glad we left the Caribbean last weekend. I'm sure the flight back to Charlotte today was eventful.

Just as long as it doesn't blow away any of those miracle bridges that go over the trees!!!

a4mpas.png

My parents have been in PR this week. Lots of wind and rain, but nothing serious they said. Needless to say, the East Coast will sell out of bottled water, milk, bread and canned goods over the next week.

COME AT ME BRO
I just had a screened porch built and wouldn't mind seeing it battle-tested before I drop the last payment.

so, how do hotels work if a hurricane is coming? I've got this deal where the weekend is free, but the reservation says $120 to change the dates less than 15 days out, and $120 no show fee. So, I assume I'm going to the beach no matter what right? Do they turn people away if a hurricane is coming?

My parents have been in PR this week. Lots of wind and rain, but nothing serious they said. Needless to say, the East Coast will sell out of bottled water, milk, bread and canned goods over the next week.

When we were in St Lucia, we had a regular storm go over that turned into a tropical storm. It's crazy to think how strong they get over the ocean in such a short period of time.

so, how do hotels work if a hurricane is coming? I've got this deal where the weekend is free, but the reservation says $120 to change the dates less than 15 days out, and $120 no show fee. So, I assume I'm going to the beach no matter what right? Do they turn people away if a hurricane is coming?

If they mandatorily evacuate, theyve refunded us in the past, but you might want to call the hotel to make sure.

this supposed to hit this weekend? hopefully avoid some shitty moving conditions this sunday.

I'm headed to Key West for Labor Day. What are the odds we get smoked by a hurricane when we're down there? Strong? Quite strong?

Back