• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pat Summitt Has Died

this is truly sad news....thoughts and prayers to the coach and her family...

She still plans on coaching this year ... hope she can do it ... that could put a little added pressure on her assistants.

That's just terrible news. Wow. My best to Coach Summitt and her family.

That is sad. I've gotten to where I kind of like her, used to think she was a she-devil. Bet her team will be on a mission this season.

Terrible news. I was never a big fan but she certainly was one of the few coaches who transcended her team, institution, and the game itself. Summit deserves to be mentioned as an all-time coach, not just a "women's coach."

Tragic. My mother had early onset too- she was 55.

Very sad. If there was ever a female who could have coached a college men's team it was Pat Summitt. I actually came to admire her coaching...it took awhile. I am sad for her and her family.

Last edited:
Man, that sucks. Pat Summitt and Dean Smith are perhaps the deans (no pun intended) of college basketball and now they're both dealing with this. Terrible.

Talk some with Dianne Dailey about the shit women coaches have had to endure over the decades and you'll respect coaches like Pat Summitt even more. Very sad news today.

Very sad news.

I know a number of high school coaches (males) who have worked her summer camps and were simultaneously intimidated and impressed by her ... and that was just at summer camp!

Thoughts and prayers to her, her family, and her team.

When I first read the thread title, I thought "who doesn't know that Pat Summerall has dementia?"

Sad either way...

Back