• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Earthquake/Anyone feel that?

This is so awesome.

OH THE HUMANITY!
lamp-640x478.jpg

Our rocket scientist HR lady just sent out an email entitled "What to do during an earthquake?" This was sent over an hour after the quake. I wonder if we will get the What to do if there is a tornado and/or hurricane instructions after Irene passes through.

haha we just got a similar one from HR

Washington Monument is tilting apparently.

Apparently 3 of the 4 tower spires on the National Cathedral have fallen off. My friend who lives up there reported that "The Cathedral is fucked."

Also, can't imagine being in the Monument during that. Yikes! One good time when there are no super tall buildings in DC.

Apparently 3 of the 4 tower spires on the National Cathedral have fallen off. My friend who lives up there reported that "The Cathedral is fucked."

Also, can't imagine being in the Monument during that. Yikes! One good time when there are no super tall buildings in DC.

man, looks like symbologist Robert Langdon is fucked

so i was mowing my lawn and felt nothing but some lady comes down and asks me if i have seen her rabbit. i say no and reflect to myself that she strikes me as a potential meth head. then she asks if i felt the earth shake, says her daughter down the street felt it and her cabinets were shaking. in my mind this solidified that she was in fact a meth head. i tell her no i have not seen the rabbit and that i certainly did not feel the earth tremble. i finish my lawn work come onto the message boards and this is what i find. if the lady who lives down the streets frequents this message board i am sorry for thinking you enjoyed the ice. but ya seriously i am in emmaus, pa and appparently it was felt here. wicked stuff.

The earthquake shook the visitor centers on the Blue Ridge Parkway at Linville Falls and the Museum of North Carolina Minerals pretty signficantly. No real damage at either place though.

Back