• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Earthquake/Anyone feel that?

I salute whoever tagged this thread "dogs&catslivingtogether".

:golfclap:

Didn't feel it in Greensboro, but I wasn't really paying attention.

Crazy stuff.

DC earthquake survivor checking in. Fuuuuuuck that was scary.

Yeah, cell reception is absolute shit right now.

UNCG got out a mass text to all students/faculty/staff though.

Felt it in upstate South Carolina. Earthquake and hurricane in the same week in the Carolinas means the end of the world, right? The Mayans were REALLY close, though. Props to them.

Wachovia building came on the intercom (didn't even know we had those) and said, basically, "We don't know shit but we're watching the news. Bye."

Definitely felt it in my 4th floor office in Hickory--everyone sort of walked out of their offices at the same time.

Not nearly as strong as the ride I went for when I was in the Army in California. That one was centered near Palm Springs (about 100 miles from where I was) and hit on a Saturday morning about 5:30 a.m. Woke me up with a massive hangover--there were ripples running through the cinder-block walls of my quarters. I think that one was about a 7.0.

quick question: this 5.8 was felt from Toronto to Atlanta and then "another" one in Colorado? What is going on? Not kidding, but this could be serious

Good Lord! That's Rosie O'Donnell's music!!

they just let us back in our building in DC. two picture frames in the conference room shattered, but that's it. good stuff.

Wachovia building came on the intercom (didn't even know we had those) and said, basically, "We don't know shit but we're watching the news. Bye."

The intercom guy is the worst. I picture Barney Fife. So pretty much after building collapses, they'll let us know something is up.

I work in a pretty solid 3 story brick building and that thing was shaking.

Back