• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Earthquake/Anyone feel that?

this is bullshit man i'm in midtown manhattan and didn't feel a thing. no evacuations, no looting, nothing. i could have really used a sampler or maybe an xbox. i'd imagine xboxes are the first thing to go in a looting spree.

Confirmed from my source. I have a source and am waiting on their Richter scale report and location.

Nice training wheels quake......

Lol... Two best posts of the tread.

1) Poster bragging about some inside source that was confirming an earthquake and size, when the size and location were reported via Twitter/Facebook then News websites about 5 mins after it happened.

2) Condescending cali poster shitting on the quake because small quakes don't make the news there (um, yes yes they do)

Felt it in upstate South Carolina. Earthquake and hurricane in the same week in the Carolinas means the end of the world, right? The Mayans were REALLY close, though. Props to them.

We had funnel clouds in wilmington yesterday by my house and also water spouts/tornadoes last week in carolina beach...i'm really starting to worry here.

he brings up a good point, i wonder how west coast people are reacting to the east coast's reaction to this.

probably with mockery.

Good, I hope Cali gets hit with a Cat 2 hurricane so we can laugh at their exaggerated reactions.

Felt it in Cleveland. I thought it was the dog nudging my chair, but he was in the other room. Weird stuff.

Lol at facebook blowing up right now. Yes, I am aware there was an earthquake.

this is bullshit man i'm in midtown manhattan and didn't feel a thing. no evacuations, no looting, nothing. i could have really used a sampler or maybe an xbox. i'd imagine xboxes are the first thing to go in a looting spree.

Me too, I was at chipotle getting some grub and missed the whole thing. Apparently the office was shaking for those in my building though.

I picked a great time to move just west of Richmond.

On a side note, 3M Command Strips are weaksauce.

:willynilly:::couch::willynilly: Thread should have started with this

8th Floor Office Building in DC, Chinatown.

Definitely contemplated my own mortality there for a minute. Building was completely moving all over the place. Crazy.

People around here are definitely freaking out. Most of the buildings have been evacuated. Metro shut down.

Lol... Two best posts of the tread.

1) Poster bragging about some inside source that was confirming an earthquake and size, when the size and location were reported via Twitter/Facebook then News websites about 5 mins after it happened.

2) Condescending cali poster shitting on the quake because small quakes don't make the news there (um, yes yes they do)

sure a 5-6 quake makes news, but people don't freak out.

After they report it, the stations go right back to whatever was happening.

Now if there was 4" of snow in Newport Beach, that would be worth paying to see.

My Dad's building in NE Maryland was evacuated, as well as my Aunt's lawfirm in Baltimore.

I guess better safe than sorry?

Aren't animals supposed to freak out right before an earthquake? I know baby squirrels don't gaf, but anybody see anything like that go down?

8th Floor Office Building in DC, Chinatown.

Definitely contemplated my own mortality there for a minute. Building was completely moving all over the place. Crazy.

People around here are definitely freaking out. Most of the buildings have been evacuated. Metro shut down.

WO I think you're close to DF09.

He sent me a picture of a giant crack in the brick wall behind his desk. Says they are back at work though, wtf.

Back